This library is a congressionally designated depository for US Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)
Cultivating Americas Gardens
The current exhibit at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History is Cultivating Americas Gardens, which traces the history of gardening in the United States from the 1600s through the present. The exhibit runs through August 2018. For those who cant see the exhibit in person, the Smithsonian offers this companion online exhibit, featuring digitized material from the Smithsonian collection.
Generally, to find government publications, search one or more of these:
- The UNH library catalog
- Discovery search (Articles, books, media & more search box on the library home page) [Can filter results by Location: Government Documents]
- BLC WorldCat catalog, which includes publications at other libraries
- US Government Information via Marcive, a more comprehensive US document-only database
- Resources by subject
To find US documents published before 1976, ask for assistance as the above catalogs provide limited coverage of UNH holdings for this period.
Many recent New Hampshire government publications are found in the New Hampshire State Library Digital Library Collection.
- All members of the public may use these materials
- Anyone with a UNH library card can borrow from the circulating collection
- For assistance, contact Government Information staff, Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)
- Some of the library's data services are only available to the UNH community
- Computer access for the public to government information and specialized resources (on Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)):
- Two terminals next to the Reference Desk
- One computer in the Class of 1943 Map Room
Patents & Trademarks
The UNH Law Library is a Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC). Most patent information is available on the open web. However, the UNH Law PTRC is open to the public during weekday hours. See their website for details.