- Paper maps and atlases
- Tangible air photos
- Digital maps and geospatial data sources on CD and DVD
- Links to both commercial and freely available maps and data
- Historical digital maps in the Library’s digital collections
Many, but not all, of the above resources can be found through the UNH library catalog or these specialized databases.
Where Are Maps & Air Photos Located?
The Class of 1943 Map Room
- Located on Level 3 (Main Floor) of Dimond Library
- Open weekdays from 8 am – 4 pm; weekend hours may be available by special arrangement
- Map Room maps only circulate to UNH faculty and staff; air photos do not circulate
- Collections may be browsed
- One computer is available for public use and one for consultations
Other Map & Geospatial Data Locations
- Circulating maps and atlases are in the regular stacks and the government documents collection
- Non-circulating atlases are in the Dimond Library reference collection, near the Map Room
- CDs and DVDs may be requested from the Government Information Unit or at the Research Center; most of these circulate
- Google Earth and topographic map software is available on the Map Room public computer and the two Government Information computers near the Research Center in Dimond Library
- ArcGIS is available for use by UNH students, faculty, and staff on cluster computers
- Additional software is available on the Map Room consultation computer
Map Reference Services
Ask a Librarian if you would like help searching for maps or geospatial data.
Geospatial Reference Services
- Assistance with geospatial software is limited to helping patrons find specific data layers and evaluate them for suitability for specific uses
- Work with patrons by appointment with ArcGIS, ArcView, Google Earth and some other geospatial products; ArcGIS and ArcView are only available for non-commercial uses
- Additional assistance is available at the Geospatial Services Center
- Faculty may make arrangements for classes to meet in the Map Room for specific assignments.
- Faculty may make specific materials available for student use in the Map Room outside of class.
- You may recommend purchase for items not already in our collection.
- The ESRC Poster Printing Service in Morse Hall is available to the UNH community and the public for fee-based printing of larger-sized maps.