Many, but not all, of the above resources can be found through the UNH library catalog or these specialized databases.
Where Are Maps & Air Photos Located?
The Class of 1943 Map Room
- Located on Level 3 (Main Floor) of Dimond Library
- Open weekdays from 8 am – 4 pm; weekend hours may be available by special arrangement
- Map Room maps only circulate to UNH faculty and staff; air photos do not circulate
- Collections may be browsed
- One computer is available for public use and one for consultations
Other Map & Geospatial Data Locations
- Circulating maps and atlases are in the regular stacks and the government documents collection
- Non-circulating atlases are in the Dimond Library reference collection, near the Map Room
- CDs and DVDs may be requested from the Government Information Unit or at the Research Center; most of these circulate
- Google Earth and topographic map software is available on the Map Room public computer and the two Government Information computers near the Dimond Research Center
- ArcGIS is available for use by UNH students, faculty, and staff on cluster computers
- Additional software is available on the Map Room consultation computer
Map Reference Services
- Reference assistance is available via phone, email or in person
- The Map Librarian Hannah Hamalainen can help locate materials in the UNH collections, assist in searching for online maps or data, and evaluate interlibrary loan options
Geospatial Reference Services
- Assistance with geospatial software is limited to helping patrons find specific data layers and evaluate them for suitability for specific uses
- Work with patrons by appointment with ArcGIS, ArcView, Google Earth and some other geospatial products; ArcGIS and ArcView are only available for non-commercial uses
- Additional assistance is available at the Geospatial Services Center
- Faculty make arrangements for classes to meet in the Map Room for specific assignments or makes specific materials available for student use in the Map Room outside of class. Contact the Map Librarian Hannah Hamalainen for more help. UNH students, faculty and staff may also suggest purchases.
- The ESRC Poster Printing Service in Morse Hall is available to the UNH community and the public for fee-based printing of larger-sized maps.