If you're having trouble accessing an e-book, online journal, database, or streaming media from off-campus, please use our form to report an access problem.
Connecting from Off-campus
Current UNH students, faculty, and staff may access most library resources, including databases, from off-campus:
- Navigate to the resource you want on the Library web site.
- You will be prompted for your UNH IT ID username and password.
- Once verified, you will be forwarded on to your resource.
Once you have logged in, you can access databases and other electronic resources available through the library web site.
Updating Your Bookmarks & Browser Extensions
The library has recently changed proxy services, which is what allows you to access the Library's electronic resources from off campus. Bookmarks for our electronic resources and browser extensions that were added before the introduction of the new proxy service need to be updated. For browser extensions like Zotero, you will need to update the proxy in the advanced settings.
Many proxied links can be updated easily, by replacing libproxy.unh.edu with unh.idm.oclc.org.
- Old proxy URL:
- New proxy URL:
Using the UNH VPN
It is not necessary to use the UNH Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access library resources from off-campus. However, if you do use the VPN, it requires configuration to access library resources.
First, install it on your computer:
- Read the Pulse Secure installation instructions.
- Note the instructions for download/installation and also a link to Optional Configurations. (You will need one of the optional configurations later in this process.)
- Follow the instructions to download and install the correct version for your computer.
- If you have installation issues, you can get help from the UNH IT Support Desk.
When Junos Pulse Secure is successfully installed, add the optional configuration:
- Open Pulse Secure. (On Windows, click on the icon in the system tray, then click on Open Pulse Secure)
- Click on the + sign in the Connections section of the window to add a connection.
- Enter a name for the configuration (e.g. All Traffic) in the Name box.
- Copy and paste this URL into the Server URL box:
- Click the Add button.
- Now back in the VPN window, click on the Connect button for the "All Traffic" connection.
If you wish to use library resources while connected to the VPN, start Pulse Secure and use the "All Traffic" connection (or the name you used in Step 3, above.)