Library materials have different circulation times depending on location and type.
- The borrowing period for most non-reserve books is 4 weeks.
- UNH graduate students and faculty borrow most books on extended time; books are due April of each year.
- All books borrowed through the Boston Library Consortium (BLC Worldcat) are checked out for 4 weeks.
- Unless recalled, most books have a 10-day grace period from the due date.
- You can renew most books for another 4 weeks starting 14 days before they are due and 10 days after they are due.
- Books checked out on extended time (see below) are renewed annually.
- Books borrowed through BLC Worldcat may be renewed once.
- Unless recalled, all books have a 10-day grace period from their due date.
If you have trouble renewing your items online, please call the Circulation Desk in Dimond Library at (603) 862-3125 or contact the appropriate service desk.
There are book drops for Dimond Library and the science and engineering branch libraries:
- Dimond Library: located inside the foyer entrance and available 24/7
- Biological Sciences Library: located outside the Kendall Hall building entrance. It is locked when the Bioscience Library is open, and unlocked when the library is closed
- Chemistry Library: located in the Parsons/Iddles foyer, just outside the Chemistry Library entrance, and is available while Parsons/Iddles is open
- Engineering, Math, and CS Library: located in Kingsbury Hall, outside the door to the Engr/Math/CS Library (room S236), and is available 24/7
- Physics Library: located in foyer at the south entrance of Demeritt Hall and available 24/7
Books may also be returned to any of these library circulation desks during their hours of operation.
There is also a drive-through book drop by the Thompson Hall information booth that is available 24/7 unless we expect heavy snowfall or the library is closed for a period of days.
Faculty and graduate students at UNH and UNH-Manchester are eligible to borrow most items on Extended Time (XT). The XT date is usually at the end of the spring semester. All items are always subject to recall, so please check your mail regularly.
Books checked out on Extended Time do not need to be returned to be renewed. Each year, we will send you a reminder e-mail near the due date of the books,
All borrowers are required to present a valid UNH ID, UNH library card, or government issued photo ID to borrow library materials.