The UNH Library subscribes to regional, national, and international newspapers in print, electronic, and microform formats.
Newspapers in Print
- Current issues are held in the Milne New Book Room on Level 3 of Dimond Library.
- Back issues are located in Dimond Level G closed stacks and need to be requested through the Circulation Desk.
- We receive newspapers Monday through Friday only, though our newspapers do include Saturday and Sunday papers.
- We may receive certain papers several days after their publication date.
- Newspapers do not circulate, but may be read anywhere in the library.
- Search our catalog to find specific titles as well as the dates that we hold in our back files as they vary from title to title.
- We have an extensive collection of newspapers available electronically, including both current and historic titles.
- Use the newspaper databases to find articles or search collections.
- Newspapers can also be found through the Full Text Journals search box or the library catalog.
Many older titles are also held in microfilm format.
- Adjacent to the Natural Sciences Resource Center in Room 225 on Level 2 of Dimond Library – newspapers, magazines, journals, various collections including ERIC documents
- Room 210 – Government publications, primarily U.S. Federal Depository items and miscellaneous other collections
- Dimond Level G closed stacks; these collections can be requested online
We have three formats of Microforms: microFILM, microFICHE, and microCARD. All formats are micro-reproductions of print materials. Viewing microforms requires special machines that are located in Dimond Library, Multimedia Center, Room 231
Printing and Scanning Microforms
- Printing through networked printers is 10 cents per page (Cat’s Cache only).
- Scanning to digital formats is free.
- If you are a UNH student, faculty, or staff member, we will scan and deliver PDFs of microforms to you as part of our Document Delivery service. Place your requests through your Interlibrary Loan account.
For assistance, see staff at the Circulation Desk in Dimond Library.