These are general guidelines for finding books. We are happy to help you if you have questions or need help with your specific topic.
1. Search a catalog
- BLC Worldcat catalog: searches the UNH Library as well as the Boston Library Consortium and worldwide
- UNH Library catalog: searches just the holdings at the UNH library locations in Durham and Manchester
- Hint: To find books on a topic, do a keyword search. In your results, look for other keywords or subject terms that may also be relevant for your topic.
- Hint: You can change the search to title when looking for a specific item
- Hint: You can change the search to author when looking for books by a person or organization; for a person, enter last name first, then first name
- Hint: You can find additional ways to refine or narrow your search under Advanced Search
2. Note the location, call number, and status for availability
|Dimond -- Level 5||QK46.5 .H85 P66 2001||DUE 04-19-13|
|BioSci Stacks||QK46.5 .H85 P66 2001||Available|
|Manchester General Coll||QK46.5 .H85 P66 2001||Available|
3. Go to the location of the book(s); Durham library building locations
Hint: You may want to browse nearby books on the shelf as they are often on the same subject.
4. Check out books
Once you find your book(s), check them out at the Circulation Desk in Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor) or at the branch library service desk. You will need to have your UNH library card with you.
What if the book is in Manchester?
What if the book is checked out?
The library catalog will indicate its due date. To get the book, you can
- Request it through the BLC Worldcat catalog; books often arrive within 2-5 days
- Recall the checked-out book
Note: this service is available only to UNH students, faculty, and staff.