The UNH Library Geospatial Services Center (GSC) is staffed by GIS graduate interns, providing basic-level assistance with geospatial technology and help in finding data sources for analysis using geographic information system software.
Room 337, Dimond Library Level 3 (Main Floor), near but not part of the Academic Technology Service Center (ATSC).
The Geospatial Services Center is CLOSED for the summer, and is expected to reopen in late September 2016.
Please send your geospatial questions to the Government Information Librarian.
Using the GSC
- UNH students, faculty and staff are our primary patrons.
- Group consultations are allowed and encouraged if not disruptive to others.
- Limited assistance provided to those with personal laptops.
- GSC workstations are not available for use outside of GSC office hours.
- For individual work, use cluster computers to access ESRI software or Google Earth.
Examples of limited assistance include:
- Helping locate geospatial datasets
- Integrating data into an existing GIS project
- Helping to manage files
- Advising on questions related to basic GIS and other geospatial software functionality
- Referring elsewhere for more in-depth assistance
Services do not include making maps.
Assistance Available for the Following Software
- ESRI ArcGIS software and extensions (only UNH users)
- Open source GIS software
- Google Earth
- ERDAS Image (only UNH users) and Multispec digital imaging software
- DNR GPS (Garmin)
- Ability to download GIS datasets from GRANIT and elsewhere
More information about the library’s maps and geospatial data and services.