The UNH Library Geospatial Services Center (GSC) is staffed by GIS graduate interns, providing basic-level assistance with geospatial technology and help in finding data sources for analysis using geographic information system software.
Room 337, Dimond Library Level 3 (Main Floor), near but not part of the Academic Technology Service Center (ATSC).
Spring 2016 hours will run from February 1 - May 9 (the last day of regular classes) -
- Mondays 11:00am - 1:00pm, and 4:00p - 5:00pm
- Tuesdays 12:00pm - 5:00pm
- Wednesdays 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Thursdays 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Fri/Sat/Sun closed
(NOTE: The GSC will be closed during Spring Break, March 14 - 18, 2016.)
Please send your geospatial questions to the Government Information Librarian.
Using the GSC
- UNH students, faculty and staff are our primary patrons.
- Group consultations are allowed and encouraged if not disruptive to others.
- Limited assistance provided to those with personal laptops.
- GSC workstations are not available for use outside of GSC office hours.
- For individual work, use cluster computers to access ESRI software or Google Earth.
Examples of limited assistance include:
- Helping locate geospatial datasets
- Integrating data into an existing GIS project
- Helping to manage files
- Advising on questions related to basic GIS and other geospatial software functionality
- Referring elsewhere for more in-depth assistance
Services do not include making maps.
Assistance Available for the Following Software
- ESRI ArcGIS software and extensions (only UNH users)
- Open source GIS software
- Google Earth
- ERDAS Image (only UNH users) and Multispec digital imaging software
- DNR GPS (Garmin)
- Ability to download GIS datasets from GRANIT and elsewhere
More information about the library’s maps and geospatial data and services.