This library is a congressionally designated depository for US Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)
United States Policy and Supporting Positions
The Plum Book
The 2016 Plum Book, or more formally, the 2016 United States Policy and Supporting Positions is the current Government Information featured resource.
This resource is now available in print, online, and as an app. The Plum Book lists more than 9,000 Federal civil service leadership and support positions in the executive and legislative branches that may be subject to noncompetitive appointment. These are positions such as agency heads and their immediate subordinates, policy executives and advisors, and aides who report to these officials.
Generally, to find government publications, search one or more of these:
- the UNH library catalog
- BLC WorldCat catalog (Books & Media tab on the library home page)
- US Government Information via Marcive, a more comprehensive US document-only database
- Resources by subject
To find US documents published before 1976, ask for assistance as the above catalogs provide limited coverage of UNH holdings for this period.
Many recent New Hampshire government publications are found in the New Hampshire State Library Digital Library Collection.
- All members of the public may use these materials
- Anyone with a UNH library card can borrow from the circulating collection
- For assistance, contact Government Information staff, Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)
- Some of the library's data services are only available to the UNH community
- Computer access for the public to government information and specialized resources (on Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)):
- Two terminals next to the Reference Desk
- One computer in the Class of 1943 Map Room
Patents and trademarks
The UNH Law Library is a Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC). Most patent information is available on the open web. However, the UNH Law PTRC is open to the public during weekday hours. See their website for details.