This library is a designated depository for US Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)
1992 Government Poster on Sexual Harassment
Our current featured resource gives you access to a wide range of official U.S. Government posters from different eras. Check them out here: U.S. Government Posters - the University of Iowa Libraries
In partnership with the Government Printing Office, The University of Iowa Libraries has collected U.S. federal government information since 1884. This includes nearly 1500 posters promoting services, programs, and initiatives by agencies such as the Works Progress Administration, the War Mobilization Office, and the Environmental Protection Agency. Although the bulk of the UI collection spans the 1970s through the 1990s, it also includes items from pre-WWII through the present. These posters provide a graphic representation of priorities of a given presidential administration and of the culture at a discrete point in time.
- Primarily US and New Hampshire government publications
- Some Canadian, United Nations, and other international information
- Maps and geospatial data
- Other forms of data
Generally, to find government publications, search one or more of these:
- the UNH library catalog
- BLC WorldCat catalog (Books & Media tab on the library home page)
- US Government Information via Marcive, a more comprehensive US document-only database
- Resources by subject
To find older US documents published before 1976, ask for assistance as the above catalogs provide limited coverage of UNH holdings for this period.
Many recent New Hampshire government publications are found in the New Hampshire State Publications Digital Library.
- All members of the public may use these materials
- Anyone with a UNH library card can borrow from the circulating collection
- For assistance, contact Government Information staff, Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)
- Some of the library's data services are only available to the UNH community
- Computer access for the public to government information and specialized resources (on Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)):
- Two terminals next to the Reference Desk
- One computer in the Class of 1943 Map Room
Patents and trademarks
The UNH Law Library is a Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC). Most patent information is available on the open web. However, the UNH Law PTRC is open to the public during weekday hours. See their website for details.