This library is a congressionally designated depository for US Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)
Our current Government Information featured resource is Norris Geyser Basin Tour, provided by the National Park Service.
Norris Geyser Basin is the hottest and most changeable thermal area in Yellowstone. This digital tour explores many of the features you would see if you walked the 2 1/4 miles of trails. Discover the location of the world's tallest active geyser, colorful hot springs, and microscopic life in one of the most extreme environments on earth.
- Primarily US and New Hampshire government publications
- Some Canadian, United Nations, and other international information
- Maps and geospatial data
- Other forms of data
Generally, to find government publications, search one or more of these:
- the UNH library catalog
- BLC WorldCat catalog (Books & Media tab on the library home page)
- US Government Information via Marcive, a more comprehensive US document-only database
- Resources by subject
To find older US documents published before 1976, ask for assistance as the above catalogs provide limited coverage of UNH holdings for this period.
Many recent New Hampshire government publications are found in the New Hampshire State Publications Digital Library.
- All members of the public may use these materials
- Anyone with a UNH library card can borrow from the circulating collection
- For assistance, contact Government Information staff, Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)
- Some of the library's data services are only available to the UNH community
- Computer access for the public to government information and specialized resources (on Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)):
- Two terminals next to the Reference Desk
- One computer in the Class of 1943 Map Room
Patents and trademarks
The UNH Law Library is a Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC). Most patent information is available on the open web. However, the UNH Law PTRC is open to the public during weekday hours. See their website for details.