This library is a designated depository for US Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)
NOAA's Weather-Ready Nation
The focus of NOAA's Weather-Ready Nation website is to build community "resilience in the face of increasing vulnerability to extreme weather and water events." On the site, visitors can make their way through sections that include Events, Resources, Be a Force of Nature, and Are you Weather-Ready? This last area is a great public resource for those looking to get ready for extreme weather, including heat waves, floods, and tsunamis. A good way to get a flavor of the site's general offerings is via its news feed and social media postings, all of which are available from the homepage. Finally, the Resources area contains links to helpful webtools, apps, and fact sheets.
- Primarily US and New Hampshire government publications
- Some Canadian, United Nations, and other international information
- Maps and geospatial data
- Other forms of data
Generally, to find government publications, search one or more of these:
- the UNH library catalog
- BLC WorldCat catalog (Books & Media tab on the library home page)
- US Government Information via Marcive, a more comprehensive US document-only database
- Resources by subject
To find older US documents published before 1976, ask for assistance as the above catalogs provide limited coverage of UNH holdings for this period.
Many recent New Hampshire government publications are found in the New Hampshire State Publications Digital Library.
- All members of the public may use these materials
- Anyone with a UNH library card can borrow from the circulating collection
- For assistance, contact Government Information staff, Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)
- Some of the library's data services are only available to the UNH community
- Computer access for the public to government information and specialized resources (on Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)):
- Two terminals next to the Reference Desk
- One computer in the Class of 1943 Map Room
Patents and trademarks
The UNH Law Library is a Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC). Most patent information is available on the open web. However, the UNH Law PTRC is open to the public during weekday hours. See their website for details.