This library is a designated depository for US Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law. (Title 44 United States Code)
Our current Government Information featured resource is the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) - Independent Statistics and Analysis.
With this resource, readers can start with any state in the U.S. to access a profile overview and quick facts. The Data tab offers further information about Energy Indicators, Prices, Environment, and other topics, while Analysis will take readers to an informative overview of the state’s petroleum,natural gas, coal, and renewable energy resources.
This interactive map of energy production, consumption, and expenditures packs a tremendous amount of information into an easily searchable and up-to-date database.
- Primarily US and New Hampshire government publications
- Some Canadian, United Nations, and other international information
- Maps and geospatial data
- Other forms of data
Generally, to find government publications, search one or more of these:
- the UNH library catalog
- BLC WorldCat catalog (Books & Media tab on the library home page)
- US Government Information via Marcive, a more comprehensive US document-only database
- Resources by subject
To find older US documents published before 1976, ask for assistance as the above catalogs provide limited coverage of UNH holdings for this period.
Many recent New Hampshire government publications are found in the New Hampshire State Publications Digital Library.
- All members of the public may use these materials
- Anyone with a UNH library card can borrow from the circulating collection
- For assistance, contact Government Information staff, Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)
- Some of the library's data services are only available to the UNH community
- Computer access for the public to government information and specialized resources (on Dimond Level 3 (Main Floor)):
- Two terminals next to the Reference Desk
- One computer in the Class of 1943 Map Room
Patents and trademarks
The UNH Law Library is a Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC). Most patent information is available on the open web. However, the UNH Law PTRC is open to the public during weekday hours. See their website for details.