Connect to New RefWorks
First-time users should begin with this new version of RefWorks.
Connect to Legacy RefWorks
As of September 2016, this version of RefWorks is called Legacy RefWorks.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based citation management and bibliography creation tool that is available to current UNH faculty, students, and staff.
What Can I Do With RefWorks?
- Create bibliographies and format citations in research papers
- Create, organize, and manage your own personal online research database, accessible via the web
- Import references from many subscription databases
- Share references with others
Accessing Legacy RefWorks
Create an account:
- Go to RefWorks
- Click on "Sign Up for a New Account."
- After completing registration, you will receive an e-mail confirmation with information about your login and password.
If you are off campus, you will need the UNH group code to create an account. Please Ask a Librarian for the code.
Once you have an account, you can access RefWorks from anywhere on or off campus. Links to RefWorks are provided on this page, the Library homepage, and alphabetically through the Databases page.
- Review the RefWorks Research Guide.
- View or print out the Refworks User Quick Start Guide [PDF]
- View the series of short online tutorials by RefWorks
- View RefWorks Help online
- Enroll in one or more of the RefWorks Webinars
Additional Tools within RefWorks
- Write-N-Cite allows you to cite references in your manuscript while on your word processor.
- RefGrab-It works with your browser to capture bibliographic information from web pages with the option to import that data into your RefWorks account.
Both of these tools are available for Windows and Mac and require downloading small utility programs to your computer.
For more information and downloading instructions, select Tools from the menu bar when you are in your RefWorks account.
Questions about RefWorks
Check out Help on the menu bar while in your RefWorks account.
New RefWorks is a brand new version of RefWorks by ProQuest. Choose between "Legacy RefWorks" or "New RefWorks." You can create accounts in both locations but they are not linked. For more information, see the RefWorks research guide.
If you have other questions about RefWorks, please Ask a Librarian or call 603-862-1544.