The Milne Special Collections and Archives maintains approximately 18,000 linear feet of rare books, manuscripts, University records, photographs, sound recordings, and other materials. Researchers are welcome to use items from the collection in the Dunleavy Reading Room, Dimond Library, Room 101.
Search Special Collections & Archives
Collections by Subject
- Civil War
- Colonial American & The Early Republic
- Genealogy & Family Papers
- Music & Dance
- University of New Hampshire
Contact Special Collections, Archives, and Museum staff to get information for:
- Prospective researchers, visitors, and donors
- Questions regarding research, donations, UNH records transfer, or file maintenance
- Viewing or donating UNH-related memorabilia
Location & Hours
Physical access to and reference help with most materials is available in the Dunleavy Reading Room, which is wireless and handicapped accessible. Reference assistance, research consultation, instruction, and tours can also be scheduled outside of regular hours.
Some collections are housed off-site and it may take up to 48 hours to make them available. Please contact us in advance of a visit.