Guide to the Real Estate Committee, 1892-1919
Collection number: UA 1/4/3
Size: 1 box
About the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts
The University of New Hampshire, incorporated in 1866 by the state legislature as the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts, was one of the early land-grant institutions of public higher education established under the Morrill Act. First situated in Hanover in connection with Dartmouth College, the New Hampshire College relocated to its Durham campus in 1893 after Benjamin Thompson, a prosperous farmer, bequeathed land and money to further the development of the College. The College thrived in Durham, and in 1923 the state legislature granted it a new charter as the University of New Hampshire.
About the Real Estate Committee Minutes and Reports
This series consists of two ledger books and six folders of information from the Real Estate Committee. One ledger is made up of minutes of meetings (1892-1906). The other ledger consists of year end reports (1893-1919). There are also various items in folders which were loose in the two ledgers.
This collection is open.
Copyright is retained by the University of New Hampshire.
[Identification of item], Real Estate Committee Minutes and Reports, 1892-1919, UA 1/4/3, Milne Special
Collections and Archives, University of New Hampshire Library, Durham, NH, USA.
These records were transfered to the University Library for storage prior to the establishment of the University Archives in 1992.
|Box 1, Folder 1||1893-1901||Misc. items|
|Box 1, Folder 2||1894-1907||Various insurance items|
|Box 1, Folder 3||1912-1919||Receipts for sewerage|
|Box 1, Folder 4||1908-1918||Rental receipts|
|Box 1, Folder 5||1895-1903||H.S. Goodwin Loan|
|Box 1, Folder 6||1913||Trustees meeting|
|Box 1, Folder 7||1892-1906||Ledger book: Minutes|
|Box 1, Folder 8||1893-1919||Ledger book: Year End Reports|