Guide to the Rachel and Elliot Juni Collection, 1978-2005
Collection number: MC 332
About the Junis
Elliot (1921-2016) and Rachel Juni (b. 1922) were avid western style square dancers
from Ann Arbor, Michigan.
About the Juni Collection
This collection consists of a small number of dance calling cards and event posters,
convention programs, and 11 publications related to challenge square dancing
on the Advanced through C4 levels.
This collection is open.
This collection is stored off site. Access requires 48 hours' notice. Contact Special Collections staff for more information.
Contents of this collection are governed by U.S. copyright law. For questions
about publication or reproduction rights, contact Special Collections staff.
[Identification of item], [Folder Number], Box 1, Rachel and Elliot Juni
Collection, 1978-2005, MC 332, Milne Special Collections and Archives,
University of New Hampshire Library, Durham, NH, USA.
Gift of Rachel and Susannah Juni, 2018
See also: Square Dance Foundation of New England Collection, MC 270, Milne Special Collections & Archives.
Arrangement starts with dance cards and posters, proceeds through programs and
pedigogical materials, and ends with publications (mostly diagrams and
|Dance Materials and Publications, 1978-2005
This box contains three folders of Elliot Juni's handwritten dance cards, several programs from western square dance conventions, a folder of posters from dances and workshops around Ann Arbor Michigan, newsletters of The Cross Town Rag newsletter (California) from 1981, and 11 publications (mostly glossaries of Challenge level square dance figures).
The convention programs are:
- National Clallenge Square Dance Convention (1980-1987)
- 31st National Square Dance Convention (1982)
- Academy of Advanced & Challenge Enthusiasts (2001-2005)
- American Advanced & Challenge Conventions (1991-2002)
- National Advanced & Challenge Square Dance Conventions (1993 and 1995)
The publications are:
- Baker: "The Challenge Square Dancing Handbook (1978)
- Burleson: "Square Dance Movements Diagramed C3-Advanced Challenge" (Original publication plus suppliments through 1993)
- Ceder: "A Ceder Chest of C3 Square Dance Definitions" (1992)
- Galbert: "Galbert's Glossary" (1982, 1983, 1987, and 1993 editions)
- Heimann: "Dance Call Dictionary" (1993)
- King: "First Suppliment to The Square Dancer's Dictionary" (1993)
- Kopman: "Concepts and Formations" (n.d.)
- Kopman: "Glossary of Square Dance Calls" (1979)
- Rubert: "Pocket Reference of C4 Calls & Concepts, 9th Edition" (1996)
- Schreiber: "Directory of C1-C4 Calls & Concepts" (1990)
- Welch: "C4A Shirt Pocket Reference Book" (1993)