Guide to the Newfields Methodist Church Trustees Records, 1901-1939
Collection number: MS 273
About the Newfields Methodist Church (1835-1935)
The Newfields Methodist Church was established in 1836. In 1935 it joined with the
Newfields Congregational Church and the Newfields Universalist Church to form the
present Newfields Community
About the Newfields Methodist Church Trustees Records (1901-1939)
This small collection consists of a book of trustees meeting minutes dated 1901-1916
and several loose papers dated 1912-1939. The book was mostly kept by treasurer
Christopher A. Pollard (1865-1939). Topics include the electrification of the church
in 1902 ($58), the Women's Foreign Missionary Society, bonds and investments, and
the raising of funds to purchase a piano in 1916. Pasted on the inside of the front
cover is an older page which reads in part: "Parsonage Built 1854, Barn built 1865
or 1866, Lydia Coleman fund received Nov. 25 1875."
The loose papers consist of:
- A paster's report (1912)
- A letter establishing federation between the three churches (29 April
- A bond certificate (1938)
- Committee nominations (1938)
- Receipt for a $1.50 donation to the Methodest Temperance Board
- Misc. correspondence.
This collection is open.
Contents of this collection are governed by U.S. copyright law. For questions
about publication or reproduction rights, contact Special Collections staff.
[Identification of item], Folder 3, Box 26, Newfields Methdist
Church Trustees Records, 1901-1939, MS 273, Milne Special Collections and Archives,
University of New Hampshire Library, Durham, NH, USA.
Purchase from Carmen Valentino Rare Books, unknown date.
Arrangement is chronological.