The UNH Library can help facilitate the streaming of films for UNH courses. We will purchase rights to stream films whenever possible as requested to support teaching. However, it is not always possible to acquire permission or licenses for every film.
- Streaming rights are expensive; please limit your requests to films that are required viewing. Requests for online courses have first priority.
- Please provide us with at least one month of lead time. It is difficult for us to fill requests made with short notice. Streaming rights often present more acquisition and access challenges than traditional physical formats.
- If there is a subject that you'd like streaming videos for, but you don't have a specific title in mind, contact your subject librarian who will do their best to help you find available resources.
Please use our Recommend a Purchase form to request streaming media for your course each semester.
We have streaming access to thousands of films available in collections for which we have already purchased digital rights. Most titles can be found in our library catalog; however, some can only be found by searching within the database (ex. Alexander Street Press). Streaming resources are available to all on-site users; UNH students, faculty, and staff can access resources off-site by inputting their UNH IT ID.
Low Cost or Free Options
If a video is already legally available on the internet for rental or low-cost purchase via sources like Netflix, Hulu, iTunes, Amazon, etc., you can also suggest these options to your students.
If we are not able to obtain streaming rights, placing the DVD on reserve may be an option.
- Each video that we license has a permanent URL that can be inserted into your course in Canvas (myCourses). If you need help with Canvas, contact IT Support or refer to this Knowledge Base article.
- If you are having difficulty accessing streaming resources, you can report an access problem.
- For assistance editing audio and video for creation of rich media presentations, contact Parker Media Lab in Dimond Library Room 237
- Copyright implications of streaming are often complicated and nuanced. Please refer to our copyright guidelines for further information.