Milne Special Collections and Archives supports the teaching and research mission of the University of New Hampshire through acquiring, preserving, and providing access to permanently valuable research materials, particularly those related to the Granite State and the University. See our collections.
University Archives Mission
The University of New Hampshire Archives has been established to:
- Appraise, collect, organize, describe, preserve, and make available University records of permanent administrative, legal, fiscal, and historical value;
- Provide facilities for the retention, preservation, servicing, and research use of such records;
- Serve as a research center for the study of the University's history by members of the University community and the scholarly community at large;
- Provide information services to assist in the University's administration and operation;
- Serve in a public relations capacity by promoting knowledge and understanding of the origins, programs, and goals of the University and their development.
January 1, 1993
University Museum Mission
The mission of the University Museum is to develop, maintain, exhibit, and interpret historical objects and property that relate to the history of UNH and its alumni. These collections preserve the memory of the University's past and perpetuate its traditions and ideals.