74 boxes (24 2/3 cu.ft.)
About the Seacoast Anti-Pollution League
The Seacoast Anti-Pollution League was formed on March 29, 1969 in response to the Public Service Company of New Hampshire’s announcement of its intent to construct a nuclear power plant in Seabrook, New Hampshire. Although in response to the proposed plant, SAPL formulated its mission to encompass other seacoast New Hampshire environmental concerns. Even so, SAPL’s primary emphasis from inception through 1990 was on the Seabrook Plant.
From the time that PSNH began to survey the proposed location in Seabrook and to seek initial approval from state and federal government SAPL engaged in legal intervention to halt and/or hinder the process. Through these actions SAPL hampered the issuance of construction permits, forced changes in construction design in regards to the cooling tunnels of the plant, and sought various other changes in design to preserve the salt-marshes upon which the plant was built. As construction neared completion in the early 1980s SAPL’s emphasis shifted to concern about emergency preparedness and nuclear safety issues. It played a major role as intervenor in the various hearings before the NRC regarding issuance of an operating license to PSNH. Together with the Attorney General’s Office of Massachusetts and the New England Coalition on Nuclear Power, SAPL sought to prevent the issuance of an operating license on the grounds that the company’s and the state’s radiological emergency plans were inadequate for the assurance of public safety.
About the Seacoast Anti-Pollution League Collection
The Seacoast Anti-Pollution League Collection contains five series, primarily covering the years 1978 to 1989. The first series contains materials about the function and organization of SAPL and consists of office files, correspondence, financial materials, publications, and materials related to specific activities of the organization. These papers also reflect SAPL’s use of the court system to seek its ends where other intervention failed.
The second series contains reports analyzing safety and environmental concerns surrounding the construction and operation of the Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant, while the third series consists of materials relating to the issuance of a license for the construction of the plant. The fourth series comprises materials related to the fight over the issuance of an operating license. SAPL took an active role in seeking the denial of this license because of its concerns with emergency preparedness issues and nuclear safety. The papers in this series reflect SAPL’s emphasis on participation in the relevant hearings before the various boards of the NRC. The final series contains miscellaneous documents concerning the Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant from sources other than SAPL.
- SAPL History and Organization
- Preliminary Studies and Ecological Surveys Regarding Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant
- Seabrook Construction Licensing Issues
- Operating License Issues
- Miscellaneous Seabrook Documents from Sources Other than SAPL
Frequently Used Acronyms
- Atomic Energy Commission (forerunner of NRC); also seen as USAEC
- Atomic Safety and Licensing Appeal Board of the NRC
- Atomic Safety and Licensing Board of the NRC
- Construction Work in progress
- Emergency Planning Zone
- Evacuation Time Estimate
- Freedom of Information Act
- Massachusetts Wholesale Municipal Electric Company
- New England Coalition on Nuclear Pollution
- New Hampshire Radiological Emergency Response Plan
- Nuclear Regulatory Agency
- Operating License
- Public Service Company
- Public Service of New Hampshire
- Public Utilities Commission
- Radiological Emergency Response Plan
- Seacoast Anti-Pollution League
I. SAPL HISTORY AND ORGANIZATION
A. HistoryBOX 1 f.1 SAPL History, Chronologies. f.2 SAPL History, SAPL Statements. f.3 SAPL History, Reports and Studies Primarily about SAPL.
B. Office Mattersf.4 Phone Logs, dates unclear. f.5 1981, SAPL Phone Lists. f.6 l988, April, Conference Calls. f.7 1979-89, Minutes of SAPL Meetings. f.8 1980, Field Director Job Applicants.
C. Financesf.9 Miscellaneous Finances. f.10 1977-83, Fundraising, Phone Solicitations. f.11 1982, Fundraising, Seacoast Jazz Festival. ff.12-13 1982, Fundraising, Road Race. f.14 1983-85, Fundraising, SAPL Members Renewal Project. f.15 1983, Fundraising, Inquiries to Tom Rush re. benefit concert. f.16 1983, Fundraising, Dinner for 2 Raffle. f.17 SAPL Canvass. f.18 Donations and Requests for Information. f.19 Fundraising, T-Shirt Marketing. f.20 Current fundraisers, "Spring Into Summer" Raffle. f.21 Fundraising, Miscellaneous. f.22 Advertising Ideas. f.23 Master Copies of Mailings.
D. CorrespondenceBOX 2 f.1 1970-79, Correspondence to SAPL. f.2 1980, Correspondence to SAPL. f.3 1981, Correspondence to SAPL. f.4 1981, Correspondence to SAPL re. Industrial Development in Kingston, NH. f.5 1982, Correspondence to SAPL. f.6 1982, March 1, Correspondence to SAPL from Alexander Sidar re. "The Seabrook Disaster Book Idea." f.7 1983, Correspondence to SAPL. f.8 1984, Correspondence to SAPL. f.9 1984, Correspondence from Dan Tuthill to SAPL. f.10 1985, Correspondence to SAPL. f.11 1986, Correspondence to SAPL. f.12 1987, Correspondence to SAPL. f.13 1988, Correspondence to SAPL. f.14 1989, Correspondence to SAPL. f.15 Undated Correspondence to SAPL. f.16 1973-769, Correspondence from SAPL. f.17 1980, Correspondence from SAPL. f.18 1981, Correspondence from SAPL. f.19 1982, Correspondence from SAPL. f.20 1983, Correspondence from SAPL. f.21 1984, Correspondence from SAPL. f.22 1985, Correspondence from SAPL. f.23 1986, Correspondence from SAPL. f.24 1987, Correspondence from SAPL. f.25 1988, Correspondence from SAPL. f.26 Undated Correspondence from SAPL. f.27 Miscellaneous Correspondence.
E. Publications[see also Box 9 at the end of this series]. BOX 3 f.1 1978-89, SAPL Press Releases. f.2 1984, Sept.4, Press Release with draft material. f.3 1972-89, SAPL News. f.4 1982, Newsletter Material. f.5 1983, Newsletter Material. f.6 1984, [October?], Newsletter Material. f.7 Articles Reprinted by SAPL. f.8 Flyers and Other Printed Material. f.9 Informational Flyers.
F. SAPL Activities[see also oversize Box 1 at the end of this series]. f.10 1972-78, SAPL Testimony. f.11 1973-81, General SAPL Activities and Statements. f.12 1982, May, Oyster River School Student Comments on SAPL Talk. f.13 1982, SAPL vs. NRC, 690 f. 2d. 1025, before US Court of Appeals. f.14 1983, Results of SAPL Survey of Radiological Emergency Response Plan[RERP], SAPL Hospital Survey. f.15 1983, Notes re. RERP Survey, SAPL Hospital Survey. f.16 1983, Correspondence re. RERP Survey, SAPL Hospital Survey. f.17 1983, Responses to SAPL RERP Survey, SAPL Hospital Survey. f.18 1983, Responses to SAPL RERP Survey, SAPL Hospital Survey. f.19 1983, Negative Responses to SAPL RERP Survey, SAPL Hospital Survey. f.20 1983, Background Files, RERP Survey of NY Public Interest Research Group, 1982, SAPL Hospital Survey. f.21 1983, Background Files, Materials from Dr. Tye's Study re. RERP, SAPL Hospital Survey. f.22 1983, Background Files, [1982-83], Miscellany re. RERP Survey of Hospital Emergency Prep. BOX 4 f.1 1983-84, Beach Survey. f.2 1986, Signatures on Petitions re Emergency Response Planning.
G. Miscellaneous Notesf.3 Notes for SAPL's Brief in support of Appeal of Issuance of Partial Operating License before ASLAB. f.4 Notes on Applicant's Response to Interrogatories. f.5 Work Papers, Contentions. f.6 Work Papers, Contentions. f.7 Work Papers, re SAPL Contentions. f.8 Draft SAPL Proposed findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law and Proposed Form of Decision. f.9 Draft of SAPL 4th. Supplemental Petition for Leave to Intervene, re Evacuation Time Estimates, [c.1985]. f.10 1986, March 25-26, Notes on Prehearing Conference. f.11 1986, Work Papers, SPDS Issues, re SAPL actions vis a vis NH Contention 10, 1986 and following. f.12 1986, May 15, Draft of SAPL Contention #31, SAPL 4th Supplemental Petition for Leave to Intervene. f.13 Unidentified Notes.
H. Files on Other Activist Groupsf.14 Appeal To Reason. f.15 1982-84, Atlantic Center for the Environment. f.16 Citizen Alert. f.17 Citizen's Clearinghouse on Toxic Waste. f.18 1980, CEPAG(Citizen's Energy Policy Advisory Group), CEPAG Report. f.19 1977, Citizen's Movement for Safe and Efficient Energy (CMSEE), Critical Mass Journal. BOX 5 f.1 1978, CMSEE, Critical Mass Journal. f.2 Clamshell Alliance and Affiliated Groups. f.3 1987, February to June, Coalition for Reliable energy, (Industry Front Group). f.4 Committee to Bridge the Gap. f.5 Critical Mass Energy Project, f.6 Critical Mass Energy Project, 2 of 2. f.7 Employee's Legal Project, Workers Legal Union. f.8 Energy Systems Research Group. f.9 Environmental Action Foundation, Conference and Other Material. f.10 Environmental Policy Institute, Conference on Nuclear Waste, Options for the Future. f.11 1980-83, Midcoast Health Research Group, 1 of 2. f.12 1980-83, Midcoast Health Research Group, 2 of 2. ff.13- 15 Miscellaneous Advocacy Groups. BOX 6 f.1 Miscellaneous Advocacy Groups. ff.2-3 1983, March, National Nuclear Intervenors Conference. f.4 Natural Rights. f.5 New England Coalition on Nuclear Pollution. f.6 New England Peace Movement Newsletter. f.7 1982-87, New Hampshire Natural Resources Forum. f.8 Nuclear Control Institute. f.9 Nuclear Information Research Center. f.10 Public Citizen Critical Mass Energy Project. f.11 Radioactive Waste Campaign. ff.12-15 Safe Energy Communication Council (SECC). BOX 7 f.1 1987, February, Tri-State Coalition for Public Safety. f.2 Union of Concerned Scientists. f.3 1981, United Nuclear Opponents. f.4 1982-83, United Nuclear Opponents. f.5 Vermont Public Interest Research Group. f.6 Viewpoint. f.7. Other Nuclear Group Stuff.
I. Miscellaneousf.8 1985-88, "Bob's Articles", Articles by Robert Backus. f.9 1987, Forum on Radiological Emergency Response and Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant: Safety Issues and Concerns for Educational Institutions. f.10 Information on Karen Silkwood. f.11 1985, Leadership Conference on Nuclear Waste. f.12 Miscellaneous. f.13 1982, New England Environmental Conference. BOX 8 f.1 NRC Miscellany. f.2 Pamphlets on effective Use of Government and Media Resources. f.3 1981, Portsmouth Gasohol Plant. f.4 Public Citizen's Nuclear Waste Study. f.5 1979, September, "Unique Wildlife Ecosystem Concept Plan State of New Hampshire," U.S. Dept. of Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. f.6 Chris Wood's Paper on State's Rights in Nuclear Licensing. BOX 9 f.1 SAPL Flyers and Flyer Material. f.2 1981, SAPL Petition re Emergency Planning.
II. Preliminary Studies and Ecological Surveys Regarding Seabrook Nuclear Power PlantBOX 1 f.1 1969-70, Seabrook Ecological Study: Phase I, Hampton Seabrook Estuary, NH. f.2 1971, Seabrook Ecological Study. f.3 1972-1975, Summary Report of Hydrographic Studies Off Hampton Beach, NH, Sept.1972 to March 1975. f.4 1972, Oct., Report on the Terrestrial effects of Salt Fallout from Thermal Cooling Systems. f.5 1972, October, Evaluation of Environmental Effects from Evaporative Heat Dissipation Systems at the Seabrook Site. f.6 1972, November, Seabrook Station: Land Planning and Site Design Study. BOX 2 f.1 1972, December, An Interim Progress Report on the Environmental Study Program Hampton-Seabrook Estuary and Near Offshore Waters. f.2 1972-73, Environmental Study Program, Hampton-Seabrook Estuary and Near Offshore waters. f.3 1975, Summary Reports on Hydrographic Studies Off Hampton Beach, NH, Including the Hampton Harbor Estuary and the Western Gulf of Maine, September 1972 to March 1975, Technical Report VI-8. f.4 1973, June, Seabrook Station Preliminary Safety Analysis Report(vol.II), 1 of 7. ff.5-9 1973, June, Preliminary Safety Analysis. BOX 3 f.1 1973, June, Preliminary Safety Analysis. f.2 1973, June, Seabrook Ecological Study, The Benthos of the Area Offshore Hampton and Seabrook Beaches, NH, Tech Report IV-5. f.3 1973, July, Seabrook Station Preliminary Safety Analysis Report, Amendment 1, revision pages. f.4 1973-74, Finfish Ecology Investigations at the Hampton -Seabrook Estuary, NH and Adjoining Coastal Waters, Technical Report V-3. ff.5-9 1974, January, Seabrook Station Preliminary Safety Analysis Report, Amendment 5. BOX 4 ff.1-4 1974, January, Prelim. Safety Analysis Report. f.5 1974, May, Geologic, Seismologic and Rock Mechanic Investigations for Seabrook Station. f.6 1974, August, "Hydrothermal Studies of Diffuser Discharge in the Coastal Environment: Seabrook Station for PSCNH. f.7 1974, August 14, Safety Evaluation of the Seabrook Nuclear Power Station, Units 1 and 2, issue date 8/14/74; supplement 8/20/74. f.8 1974, August 20, Supplement no.1 to the Safety Evaluation Report by Directorate of Licensing USAEC in matter of PSNH. f.9 1974, October, Seabrook Station Containment Aircraft Impact Analysis. f.10 1974, October 8, Supplement no.2. f.11 1974, December, Roadway Network and Evacuation Study. f.12 1974-75, Seabrook Ecological Study, 1975, Finfish Ecology Investigations at the Hampton-Seabrook Estuary, NH and Adjoining Coastal Waters, Tech. report VI-7. f.13 1975, March 14, Supplement #3 to the Safety Evaluation Report. f.14 1975, June, "The Benthos Inhibiting the Area of the Proposed location of the Seabrook Station Intake." BOX 5 f.1 1975 to 1976, "The Spatial and Temporal distribution of the Larvae of the Soft-Shelled Clam, Mya Arenaia, in NH Coastal Waters, 7/75 to 11/76, Tech Report VI-10. f.2 1975, Nov.14, Supplement #4 to the Safety Evaluation Report. f.3 1975, December, Probability of Coastal Waters Entering the Hampton Harbor Estuary and Neighboring Estuaries as a Function of Distance and Depth Offshore, Tech. Report VI-9. f.4 1975, Basic Findings of Fact by the Bulk Power Site Evaluation Committee in Connection with the Proposed Nuclear Generating Facility at Seabrook, NH. f.5 1977, December, Summary Document: Assessment of Anticipated Impacts of Construction and Operation of Seabrook Station on the Estuarine, Coastal and Offshore Waters of Hampton-Seabrook, NH. f.6 1982, May, Draft Environmental Statement Related to the Operation of Seabrook Station. f.7 1982, August, Probabilistic Risk Assessment, "Seabrook Station Probabilistic Safety Assessment, pp.1-99. f.8 1982, August, Probabilistic Risk Assessment, pp.100-end. f.9 1982, December, Final Environmental Statement Related to Operator of Seabrook Station, Units 1 and 2, USNRC, Dept. of Nuclear Reactor Regulation. BOX 6 f.1 1984, January to June, Sea Grant Coastal Access Study. f.2 1986, July, Safety Evaluation Report Related to the Operation of Seabrook Station Units 1 and 2.
III. Seabrook Construction Licensing IssuesBOX 1 f.1 1972, March 31, PSCNH Long range Plans for Bulk Power Supply Facilities. f.2 1972, October 3, State of New Hampshire Joint Hearings of the Public Utilities Commission[PUC] and the Site Evaluation Committee, vol.5, pp.706 to 876. f.3 1972, October 4, Joint Hearings, vol.6, pp.787 to 1047. f.4 1972, October, Joint Hearings, vol.7, pp.1048 to 1271. f.5 1972, October 31, Joint Hearings, vol.9, pp.1495 to 1589. f.6 Joint Hearings, vol.11, pp. 1886 to 2050. BOX 2 f.1 1972, November, Joint Hearings, vol.12, pp.2051 to 2235. f.2 1972, November, Joint Hearings, vol.13, pp.2236 to 2402. f.3 1972, November 21, Joint Hearings, vol.14, pp.2403 to 2641. f.4 1972, December 6, Joint Hearings, vol.15, pp.2642 to 2790. f.5 1972, December 12, Joint Hearings, vol.17, pp.2894 to 3037. f.6 1972, December 19, Joint Hearings, vol.l8, pp.3038 to 3174. BOX 3 f.1 1973, January 11, Joint Hearings, vol.19, pp.3175 to 3361. f.2 1973, January 12, Joint Hearings, vol.20, pp.3362 to 3489. f.3 1973, January 18, Joint Hearings, vol.21, pp.3490 to 3596. f.4 1973, February 8, Joint Hearings, vol.22, pp.3597 to 3815. f.5 1973, February 9, Joint Hearings, vol.23, pp.3816 to 3941. f.6 1973, February 9, Joint Hearings, vol.23, pp.3942 to 4082. f.7 1973, March 8, Joint Hearings, vol.24, pp.4083 to 4288. BOX 4 f.1 1973, March 9, Joint Hearings, vol.25, pp.4289 to 4460. f.2 1973, March 22, Joint Hearings, vol.26, pp.4461 to 4686. f.3 1973, March 23, Joint Hearings, vol.27, pp.4687 to 4930. f.4 1973, April 13, Joint Hearings, vol.29, pp.5103 to 5308. f.5 1973, May 4, Joint Hearings, vol.30, pp.5309 to 5423. BOX 5 f.1 1973, May 21, Joint Hearings, vol.31, pp.5454 to 5544. f.2 1973, May 21, Joint Hearings, vol.31, pp.5545 to 5663. f.3 1973, May 25, Joint Hearings, vol.32, pp.5664 to 5776. f.4 1973, May 25, Joint Hearings, vol.32, pp.5777 to 5880. f.5 1973, February 4, Testimony of Dr. Charles Chichetti and William Gillen before the State of NH PUC and Bulk Power Supply Site Committee, l of 4. f.6 1973, February 4, Testimony, 2 of 4. f.7 1973, February 4, Testimony, 3 of 4. f.8 1973, February 4, Testimony, 4 of 4. f.9 1974, March 11, Public Hearings before the US Atomic Energy Commission, vol.2, pp.93 to 332. BOX 6 f.1 1974, December 12, Public Hearings, vol.5, pp.634 to 748. f.2 1975, April 16, Public Hearings, vol.6, pp.749 to 970. f.3 1975, May 29, Public Hearings, vol.9, pt.1, pp.1327 to 1448. f.4 1975, May 29, Public Hearings, vol.9, pt.2, pp.l449 to 1601. f.5 1975, May 30, Public Hearings, vol.10, pt.1, pp.l602 to 1732. f.6 1975, May 30, Public Hearings, vol.10, pt.2, pp.1733 to 1866. BOX 7 f.1 1975, June 30, Public Hearings, pp.4217 to 4397. f.2 1975, July 1, Public Hearings, vol.14, pp.4398 to 4591. f.3 1975, July 2, Public Hearings, vol.15, pp.4592 to 4774. f.4 1975, July 3, Public Hearings, vol.16, pp.4775 to 4957. f.5 1975, August 26, Public Hearings, vol.l7, pp.4958 to 5174. BOX 8 f.1 1975, August 27, Public Hearings, vol.18, pp.5175 to 5313. f.2 1975, August 28, Public Hearings, vol.l9, pp.5314 to 5538. ff.3-4 1975, September 3, Public Hearings, pp.5709 to 5818, with Final Environmental Impact Statement, 1 of 2. f.5 1975, September 17, Public Hearings, vol.22, pp.7108 to 7315. BOX 9 f.1 1975, October 22, Public Hearings, vol.32, pp.9857 to 10070. f.2 1975, October 23, Public Hearings, vol.33, pp.10071 to 10270. f.3 1975, October 24, Public Hearings, vol.34, pp.10271 to 10415. f.4 1975, October 29, Public Hearings, vol.36, pp.10621 to 10747. f.5 1975, October 30, Public Hearings, vol.37, pt.1, 10748 to 10840. f.6 1975, October 30, Public Hearings, vol.37, pt.2, 10841 to 10969. BOX 10 f.1 1975, [November 1], Public Hearings, vol.38, pp.10970 to 11053. f.2 1975, November 4, Public Hearings, vol.39, pt.1, pp.11054 to 11006. f.3 1975, November 4, Public Hearings, vol.39, pt.2, Applicants Direct Testimony #23. f.4 1975, November 4, Public Hearings, vol.39, pt.3, pp.1107 to 11229. f.5 1975, November 5, Public Hearings, vol.40, pp.11230 to 11406. f.6 1975, November 6, Public Hearings, vol.41, pt.1, pp.11407 to 11426. f.7 1975, November 6, Public Hearings, vol.41, pt.2, pp.11427 to 11579. f.8 1975, November 7, Public Hearings, vol.42, pp.11580 to 11656. BOX 11 f.1 1975, November 18, Public Hearings, vol.43, pp.11657 to 11835. f.2 1975, November 24, Public Hearings, vol.44, pp.12018 to 12217. f.3 1975, February 25, Public Hearings, vol.45, pp.12218 to 12419. f.4 1976, February 27, Public Hearings, pp.12674 to 12714. f.5 1974, Seabrook Master Schedules, Revised as of January 1974. f.6 1974, PSCo Responses to Intervenors. f.7 1975, February 7, Information Submitted to EPA in Connection with PSCoNH Application for a 316(a) Exemption. BOX 12 f.1 1975, May 21, Memorandum and Order, (ALAB-271). f.2 1975, June 18, Letter from Bruce Bekley, project manager PSNH, to Dr. R. P. Geckel, project manager USNRC. f.3 1975, July 30, Letter, Gossick to Thompson. f.4 1975, August, Affidavit, Testimony of James Gekas of Federal Power Commission before ASLB. ff.5-9 1975, August, Fire Protection System Evaluation and Comparison to Branch Technical Position. f.10 1975, September 2, New England Coalition on Nuclear Pollution Testimony on Energy Alternatives. f.11 1975, September 4, Commonwealth of Massachusetts Testimony on Alternative Energy Sources I, Solid Waste Resource Recovery Before ASLB. f.12 1975, November 11, Motion for Reconsideration of Board Decision Not to Extend Hearings on Cost-Benefit Issue. f.13 1975, December 15, Requests for Proposed Findings of Facts and Rulings of Law Submitted by SAPL and the Audubon Society of NH. f.14 1975, December 16, Applicant's response to Motion of NECNP et al, ASLAB and ALSB. f.15 1975, December, Applicant's Proposed Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law in the Form of a Proposed finding of Law. f.16 , NRC Staff Testimony on Cost-Benefit Analysis, before ASLB. f.17 1976, February 18, Applicant's Response to SAPL Renewed Motion to Reopen Hearing Filed on Behalf of Intervenor SAPL on Issue of Financial Qualifications. f.18 1976, February 26, Testimony of Robert Mitchell before ASLB. f.19 1976, July 20, Affidavit of Bruce B. Beckley before ASLB. BOX 13 f.1 1976, September 17, Brief of Applicant in Support of Its Exceptions. f.2 1976, September 30, Memorandum and Order. f.3 1976, October 6, Memorandum and Order. f.4 1976, October 18, On Review of a Decision of the ASLAB, Brief of Applicants before NRC. f.5 1976, October, NRC, Start of Cooling System Trouble. f.6 1976, October, Applicant's Presentation Concerning SAPL and Audubon Motion for Reconsideration of ALAB-338 in Light of Court Order of Oct.8, 1976. f.7 1976, November 5, Memorandum and Order. f.8 1976, November 12, Brief of Applicant's in Opposition to Certain Exceptions of Other Parties on exception to the Initial decision of the ASLB. f.9 1976, Novemberl2, NRC Staff Brief in Response to the Exceptions to the Initial Decision of All Other Par ties. f.10 1976, November, EPA, Region I, Initial Decision. f.11 1976, November to December, Start of Cooling Trouble. ff.12-13 1976-79, Testimony, Miscellaneous. ff.14 1976, Atomic Safety and Licensing Board. BOX 14 ff.1-2 1976, Atomic Safety and Licensing Board. f.3 1976-77, Fire Protection for Nuclear Plants. f.4 1977, January 31, Applicant's Response to Inquiries of the Commissioner for Further Stay of Order Suspending Construction Permits, Brief of Applicants on Merit. f.5 1977, January, ALSAB. f.6 1977, January to March, NRC re. Cooling Tunnels, Alternate Sites. f.7 1977, January to November, ALSB. f.8 1977, February 11, On Review of a Decision of the ASLAB, Brief of Applicants in response to the Commission's Order of February 7, 1977. f.9 1977, February 11, Commonwealth of Massachusetts Reply to Commission's Order of February 7, 1977. f.10 1977, February 19, NECNP Response to Commission Order of February 7, 1977. f.11 1977, April to November, NRC re. Cooling Tunnels, Alternate Sites. BOX 15 f.1 1977, February 17, Staff Reply to NECNP Brief. f.2 1977, February , NRC, GAO Investigation of Seabrook. f.3 1977, March to October, EPA Costle 'Yes' Decision, SAPL Motion for Stay. f.4 1977, February to July, ASLAB. f.5 1977, March 31, Appearances and Memorandum and Order. f.6 1977, June, SAPL and EPA as Remanded by 1st. Circuit Court. f.7 1977, July to December, ASLB. f.8 1977, July, ASLAB. f.9 1977, September, SAPL vs. Costle, 1st. Circuit Court. f.10 1977, September, NRC to PSNH re. Physical Security at Plants. f.11 1977, November, NRC to PSNH re Additional Information Needed Prior to Issuance of Operating License. f.12 [1977?], NECNP Response to Staff's Motion to Reopen the Record. f.13 1978, January 16, Brief of Applicants in Opposition to Exceptions. f.14 1978, January to April, Issues with the NRC.
IV. Operating License Issues 50-443-OL, 50-444-OL
A. On-Site IssuesBOX 1 f.1 1978, February to March, SAPL Cases before the 1st. Circuit Court of Appeals. f.2 1978, February to April, 5APL before the ASLAB f.3 1978, April 28, SAPL before the ASLAB. f.4 1978, May to June, Issues with the NRC. f.5 1978, May to June, SAPL vs. Costle (EPA), 1st. Circuit Court of Appeals. f.6 1978, June to November, SAPL before the ASLAB. ff.-7-9 1978, July, Correspondence to Costle (EPA) re. Cooling Tunnels. f.10 1978, July to September, Issues with the NRC. f.11 1978, July to September, SAPL Cases before the Circuit Court of Appeals. BOX 2 f.1 1979, January to April, Miscellaneous $, Assorted Financial PSNH. f.2 1979, May, SAPL vs. NRC, 1st. Circuit Court of Appeals. ff.3-4 1979, May, "Safety and Relief Valves for PSNH", Seismic Calculations. ff.5-8 1979-81, NRC Show Cause Order, Evacuation/Class 9 (started 6/2/79), includes support material. f.9 1979, September, Permittee's Response to Motion to Suspend Construction, re. Seismic Concerns. f.10 1979, House Bill 671, To Prevent Siting of a Nuclear Plant in a Town without a Vote. f.11 1979, House Bill 779, re Siting of Nuclear Facilities. f.12 1980, November 18, Response to NRC Staff in Opposition to Motion to Suspend Construction. f.13 1980, September to December, ASLAB, re Adequacy of Seismic Calculations vis a vis Seabrook. f.14 1981, June to July, Newsclips Evacuation Show Cause Order. f.15 1982, January, Proposed Rule on Environmental Qualification of Electrical Equipment. f.16 1984, January, Results of In-Progress Audit of Seabrook Station Detailed Control Room Design Review. ff.17-19 1984, March to August, Financial Qualifications as Requirement for OL. BOX 3 f.1 1984-86, NECNP IB.2, Safety and On-Site Emergency Planning Issues 5/84 to 9/86. ff.2-3 1985-86, NRC Staff Status Reports , On-Site Emergency Planning, 10/85 to 9/86, 1 of 2. f.4 1986, March to June, Integrated Design Inspection Report. f.5 1986, April to June, Integrated Design Inspection Report. ff.6-9 1986, July, Contention NH 10, SAPL supp.6, re Control Room Design [SAPL took over the contention of NH in July 1986 after the State dropped it]. BOX 4 f.1 Contention NH 10, SAPL supp.6, Pt.II, 4/83 to 6/86. f.2 Contention NH 10, SAPL supp.6, Pt.II, 7/86 to 8/8/86. f.3 Contention NH 10, SAPL supp.6, Pt.II, 8/18/86 to 9/17/86. f.4 1986, Work Papers, SPDS Issues re SAPL actions Vis a Vis NH Contention 10. ff.5-16 Draft SAPL supp.6. 1986, September 26, Hearings of Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards Subcommittee on Severe Accidents and Subcommittee on Occupational and Environmental Protection Systems. f.17 1986, October, SAPL Brief and Other Material re On-Site Issues. BOX 5 f.1 1987, April, Suggestion of Mootness, On Site Emergency Planning and Technical Issues. ff.2-3 1987-88, On-Site Emergency Planning, NECNP Pleadings re Coaxial Cable, 2 of 2, 11/87 to 5/88. ff.4-9 1987-88, NECNP and Steam Generator and Bio-Fouling On-Site Issues, 11/20/87 to 1/7~88). f.10 1988-89, On-Site Emergency Planning[1/88-7/89]. f.11 1989, January 23, NRC Staff Response to Joint Intervenors' Motions for reconsideration of CLI-88-lQ. f.12 1989, March 15, NRC Staff Response in opposition to Joint Intervenor's Appeal of LBP-89-09. f.13 1989, May 11, NRC Staff Response to Intervenors' Motions for a Stay of Low Power Operation Pending Commission of Appellate Review. f.14 1989, May 24, NRC Staff Response to Intervenors' Motion for Reconsideration of CLI-89-08 and Renewed Motion for Stay of Issuance of Low Power License. f.15 (?) Safety and Relief Valves for PSNH", 2nd. Proposal Rough Draft. f.16 NRC Staff Testimony on Alternative Sites before the ASLB. BOX 6 f.1 Applicant's Direct Testimony, #6, before the ASLB, re Compliance with 10 CFR 100. f.2 Applicant's Direct Testimony, #9, before the ASLB, re Effects on Commercial and Sport Fishing. f.3 Applicant's Direct Testimony, #10, before the ASLB, re Effects of Construction and Operation on Clam Flats and Clam Populations. f.4 Applicant's Direct Testimony, #13, before the ALSB, re Decommissioning. f.5 Applicant's Direct Testimony, #23, before the ASLB, re Energy and Peak Local Forecasts and Generating Capacity requirements. f.6 Applicant's Direct Testimony, #26, before the ASLB, re NE Utility's Press Releases. f.7 SAPL Direct Testimony on Need for Power, before the ASLB.
B. Off-Site Issues
1. Hearings of the NRC, (primarily the ASLB.)f.8 1981-82, Meeting at NRC, Environmental Review Team, 12/2/81, Meetings 5/21/82. f.9 1981, July 15, Denton's Decision re Emergency Planning. f.10 1982, May 6 and 7, 1st. Prehearing Conference. f.11 1982, July, 2nd. Prehearing Conference. ff.12-13 1982, July, Response to [Inquiries][RAD?](Emergency Preparedness Licensing[?]. f.14 1982, July to December, Risk Study, Richard, Lowe and Garrick, Einal Environmental Analysis. f.15 1982, September 13, Memorandum and Order. ff.16-18 1982-83, NECNP Contentions, 10/82 to 7/83. BOX 7 f.1 1982-83, NECNP Contentions. f.2 1982, November 17, Memorandum and Order Addressing Intervenor's Motions for Reconsideration of the Board's Prehearing Conference Order and Motions for Certification. f.3 1982-83, NH State Interrogatories and PSNH Replies. ff.4-6 1982-83, Interested Towns Under 2.715 of the Code of Federal Regulations, 11/82 to 5/83. f.7 1982-83, ASLB Board Orders, 11/82 to 8/83. f.8 1983, January 10, Newburyport Plan(Draft). f.9 1983-86, Reactor Pressure Vessel Indication, supp. cont.7, 2/83 to 5/86. f.10 1983, March, Safety Evaluation Report. ff.11-12 1983, March, SAPL Supplement 3, Class 9 Accident and Consequences and Summary Disposition Motion. BOX 8 f.1 1983, March, SAPL Supplement 3... f.2 1983, March, Correspondence from Herb Moyer. ff.3-6 1983, March to September, Actions of Mass. Attorney General's Office re RERP. f.7 1983, April 7 and 8, 3rd. Prehearing Conference. f.8 1983, May 3, SAPL's Supplemental Responses to Applicant's Interrogatories and Request for Production of Documents. f.9 1983, June to July, Appeal Board. ff.10-12 1983, July to August, Hearings re Evacuation Time Estimates, NECP III12 and III13. f.11 1983-86, Control room Design Audit, 7/83 to 2/86. f.12 1983, September 29, Discovery on Emergency Plans. f.13 1983-84, Motion to Dismiss Unit II's OL Application, 10/83 to 3/84. BOX 9 f.1 1983, August, Newsclips, 1st. Phase ASLB Hearings, Seabrook OL. ff.2-4 1983, August, Emergency Planning I, Documents before August 1983 Hearings. ff.5-7 1983, August to September, Emergency Planning II, filings Subsequent to Aug. 1983 Hearings through Sept., Contentions of So.Hampton, Rensington, Hampton Falls, Rye. ff.8-12 Emergency Planning III. BOX 10 f.1 Emergency Planning III. ff.2-3 1983, Markowitz Affidavit. f.4 1984, December, ETE Rebuttal. f.5 1985-87, Maine Attorney General re Qff-Site EP, 3/85 to 10/87. f.6 1985-86, Applicant's Material re Off-Site EP Issues, 6/85 to 10/86. f.7 1985-86, Testimony re NECNP EQ Contention(I.B.2), 10/85 to 9/86. BOX 11 f.1 1985-86, Massachusetts' Actions re Emergency Response Planning, 11/19/85 to 2/21/86. f.2 1986, January to May, SAPL's Supplemental Reply to Applicant's Interrogatories. f.3 1986-87, Rye re Off-Site EP, 1/86 to 11/87. f.4 1986, February to June, South Hampton re Off-Site EP. f.5 1986, February to October, Kensington re Off-Site Ep. ff.6-7 1986, February to December, SAPL's Contentions on NHRERP. f.8 1986-87, Board Correspondence re Off-Site EP, 2/86 to 12/87. ff.9-11 1986-87, NECNP re Seabrook Operating License, 2/24/86 to 5/14/86. BOX 12 ff.1-5 1986-87, NECNP..., 11/12/86 to 12/4/86. f.6 1986, March to November, State of New Hampshire, re EP and Off-Site Issues. ff.7-9 1986-87, Applicant's Motion for Summary Disposition re SAPL Contentions During Hearings on Off-Site EP Issues, 3/86 to 7/87. f.10 1986, March, Merrimack, NH re Off-Site EP. f.11 1986, March 24 to May 15, Massachusetts' Actions re RERP. f.12 1986-87, SAPL's Contentions re Off-Site Emergency Prep, 3/86 to 3/8. BOX 13 ff.1-3 1986-87, SAPL's Contentions... f.4 1986, Exeter re Off-Site EP, 4/86 to 5/86. f.5 1986, April, SAPL's Interrogatories and Documents Requests, State of NH. f.6 1986, April to June, State of New Hampshire Interrogatories and Answers. f.7 1986, April to July, Draft License, etc. f.8 1986-87, EPZ Reduction, 4/86 to 4/87. f.9 1986, May 14, State's response to NECNP's Interrogatories and Requests for Docs. f.10 1986, May 15, SAPL's 4th. Supplemental Petition for Leave to Intervene. f.11 1986, May 21 to July 10, Massachusetts' actions re ERP. ff.12-13 1986, May, Motions for Sum. Dismissal by PSNH. BOX 14 f.1 1986, May, Off-Site Emergency Planning Issues, Affidavits. f.2 1986, May, Off-Site Emergency Planning Issues, Affidavits. f.3 1986, May, Off-Site Emergency Planning Issues, Motions for Summary Disposition. f.4 1986, June 27, SAPL Response and Objection to PSNH Pursuit of Low Power OL. f.5 1986-87, Hampton Falls, NH re Off-Site Ep, 6/86 to 11/87. f.6 1986-87, Town of Amesbury, MA, Emergency Response Plans and ASLB, 7/86 to 11/87. f.7 1986, August 15 to December 30, MA. Actions re ERP. ff.8-13 1986-88, Letters to Board(ASLB), 9/86 to 4/88. f.14 1986-88, Sept. to Oct., Seabrook(Town of) re Off-Site EP. f.15 1986-87, Commonwealth of Massachusetts response to Zone Reduction Plan, ERP, 10/86 to 1/87. BOX 15 f.1 1986-87, MA. Response to Zone Reduction Plan. ff.2-3 1986-87, O% License Appeal, 10/86 to 1/87. f.4 1986-87, State of New Hampshire, re Emergency Planning and Off-Site Issues, 12/86 to 10/87. f.5 1986-87, MA. Actions re ERP, 12/30/86 to 3/25/87. f.6 1986, Miscellaneous re Off-Site Emergency Planning and Safety Issues. f.7 1987, January 16, Excerpt of Transcript from LEA's Contentions as an Intervenor at Limerick. f.8 1987, January, Phillips Exeter Academy re Reduction of EPZ. f.9 1987-88, January, ASLB Hearing Notes. f.10 1987, March 30 to April 15, MA. Actions re ERP. f.11 1987, March to June, Miscellaneous Material Dealing with Off-Site Emergency Prep before NRC. BOX 16 f.1 1987, April 27 to June 15, MA. Actions re ERP. f.2 1987, April, Affidavits. f.3 1987-88, Testimony and Notes re Seabrook Area Traffic and Off-Site Emergency Planning Hearings, 4/87 to 1/88. ff.4-5 1987, May 7, Information re KLD Survey to SAPL from MA. A.G. ff.6-7 1987, May to Sept, Off-Site Ep. f.8 1987, May to Dec., SAPL re Off-Site Emergency Planning. f.9 1987, June 11, Mileti Deposition, pp.l-60. f.10 1987, June 11. Mileti Deposition, pp.61-126. f.11 1987, June 11, Mileti Deposition. pp.127-end. f.12 1987, June 29 to November, Mass Actions re ERP. f.13 1987, June to July, Applicant's Discovery re Off-Site Emergency Planning. BOX 17 ff.1-3 1987-88, Utility Plan re Submission of MA. Plan (SPMC), Vacation of Stay, 7/87 to 2/88. f.4 1987, September 11, Testimony of David P. MacDonald for SAPL re SAPL Contentions 8 and 8a Relative to the Town of Rye. f.5 1987, September 14, Testimony of Avishai Ceder, Off-Site Emergency Prep. f.6 1987, September 14, Testimony of Thomas J. Adler, Off-Site Emergency Prep. f.7 1987, September 14, Testimony of Colin High, Thomas J. Adler and William A. Befort, Off-Site Emergency Prep. ff.8-9 1987, September 14, Testimony of Dr. Albert Luloff on Behalf of James Shannon, MA. A.G., re Off-Site EP. f.10 1987, September 14, Testimony of Donald J. Zeigler, James H. Johnson Jr., and Stephen Cole on behalf of the MA. A.G. BOX 18 f.1 1987, September 14, Test. of Zeigler et al.. f.2 1987, September 14, Testimony of Steven Sholly on the Technical Basis for NRC E.P. Rules, etc.... f.3 1987, 5eptember 14, Attachments to the Testimony of Steven C. Sholly. f.4 1987, September, Off-Site EP Issues, Prefiled Testimony. f.5 1987, September, Testimony of Dr. Thomas Urbanik II on Behalf of the NRC Staff on Town of Hampton Contention III and SAPL Contentions 18, 31, 34 and 37. f.6 1987-88, re Atty. General Shannon and hearings on NHRERP, 9/87 to 2/88. ff.7-9 1987-88, Sheltering Issues, 9/87 to 3/88. f.10 1987-88, October, PSNH Testimony on Notification/Communications in Evacuation Plans. f.11 1987-88, Proposed Findings for SAPL Contentions before the ASLAB, 10/87 to 2/88. f.12 1987, October, Testimony of Daniel Trahan on Behalf of Town of Hampton and SAPL Regarding Town of Hampton Revised Contentions III, IV and V and SAPL Contentions 16, 25. f.13 1987, December 14, Documents re Testimony of Dr. Albert Luloff for A.G. of MA. BOX 19 ff.1-2 1988, January 7, MA. Actions re ERP. f.3 1988, January 11 to March 18, MA. Actions re ERP. f.4 1988, January 12, Hearings Before ASLB, Off-Site Emergency Planning Evidentiary Hearings. ff.5-7 1988-89, Scheduling Pleadings, SPMC Litigation, 2/88 to 2/89. f.8 1988, April 7 to May 2, MA. Actions re ERP. f.9 1988, June 30 to July 6, MA. Actions re ERP. f.10 1988, July 7, MA. Actions re ERP. BOX 20 f.1 1988, July 20 to October 19, MA. Actions re ERP. f.2 1988, November, Meeting with PSNH re Low Power License. f.3 1989, February, Commission Target Data, FOIA Request in re Target Schedule for Final Initial Decision in PSNH et al. ff.4-5 1989, March 1, Mass. Actions re ERP. f.6 1989, March 7 to 17, NRC Staff's Pre-trial brief on Contentions Concerning the Seabrook Plan for MA. Communities (SPMC) and Supplemental Requests. f.7 1989, March 16 to May 16, Mass Actions re ERP. f.9 1989, March 17, NRC Staff Motion for Leave to File Out of Time. f.10 1989, March 17, NRC Staff's Opposition to MA. AG's Motion for Directed Certification Qf LBP-89-8. f.11 1989, April 3, Letter from Flynn, Ass. General Council to FEMA, to ASLB re PSNH et al. f.12 1989, April 17, NRC Staff Motion to Strike Intervenor's Notices of Appeal of LBP-89-10. f.13 1989, May 8, Letter with Enclosures from We the People to Samuel Chilk, Secretary NRC. f.14 1989, May 11, MA. AG's Opposition to Applicant's Motion to Dismiss Joint Intervenor Contentions. f.15 1989, May 16 to 31, MA. Actions re ERP. f.16 1984, May 21, Declaration of Vernon E. Adler before the ASLB re PSNH et al. f.17 1989, May 22, NRC Staff's Response to MA. AG's Motion for Directed Classification of the Licensing Board's Oral Ruling Dismissing Contention l9(D). f.18 1989, June 12 to July 17, MA. Actions re ERP. f.19 1989, September 25, Emergency Exercise Objective and Scenario Guidelines for Exercise Schedule.
2. New Hampshire Off-Site Emergency Preparations and MiscellanyBOX 21 f.1 1981-86, Civil Defense Meetings, Letters, etc, 6/81 to 2/86. f.2 1982-83, Local Plan Review, 10/82 to 10/83. f.3 1982-84, Seacoast Evacuation, 11/82 to 2/84. f.4 1983, February to March, Chamber of Commerce, Hampton Beach Area, Before the NRC. f.5 , Exeter Citizens Concerned About Evacuation Planning. f.6 1985, April to November, Newsclips on Evacuation. f.7 1985, May to October, Town Councilors, letter to, re Evacuation. f.8 1985-86, Citizen's Meeting re Emergency Planning, 10/85 to 4/86. f.9 1986, January, revision 1 of NHRERP. f.10 1986, March to April, Town Meetings and Nuclear Dump Resolution. f.11 1986-87, League of Towns, 6/86 to 3/87. f.12 1986, November 10, R.L. Kaufmann's Comments on NHRERP. f.13 1986-87, Strategy Meeting re Seabrook Interventions, 12/86 to 6/87. f.14 1986-88, Correspondence re NHRERP (not SAPL originated). f.15 1987, State Legislation. f.16 1988, June 28, Miscellaneous Evacuation. ff.17-20 1988, November 28, Update of NHRERP. BOX 22 f.1 1988, November 28, Update of NHRERP. f.2 Data from Plans, Rev.0, re Off-Site Emergency Plans. f.3 Data from Plans, Rev.2. f.4 Notebook, Notes on Rev.2 RERP. f.5 Notes re RERP. f.6 State of New Hampshire Radiological Emergency Response Plan. f.7 Town Plan Contention Notes. f.8 Warrant Articles re Evacuation.
3. Massachusetts Off-Site Emergency Preparationsff.9-11 1985-86, Massachusetts Evacuation Plans, 1/85 to 11/86. f.12 , MA. A.G.'s Letter to Towns. f.13 1985, June to August, MMWEC Report, Section on Emergency Planning. f.14 1986, January 10, Evacuation Plan Update for Seabrook Station, Progress Report 3, Produced by KLD and Associates for the State of Massachusetts. f.15 1986, January 18, Evac Plan Update, Progress Report 4. f.16 1986, February 18, Evac Plan Update, Progress Report 5. f.17 1986, April, Evac Plan Update, ETE by KLD, Progress Report 6 and final. BOX 23 f.1 1986, April, Evacuation Plan Update, Progress Report 7 for MA. CDA and OEP. f.2 Notes on KLD Evac Time Estimates and Reports in their Progress in Making Them. f.3 KLD Survey of Seabrook Area.
4. Other Government Bodies Involved in Emergency Prep Issues
a. Congressf.4 1981, Congressional Committees. f.5 1982, November to December, Sandia Report (NUREG/CR 2239), Technical Consequences for Siting Criteria Development and Dangers of Meltdown. f.6 1983, June to November, Licensing "Reform" Legislation. f.7 1983-84, Temporary Operating License Legislation. f.8 1983, Senator Simpson Weakens Emergency Planning Regs. f.9 1983-84, Simpson's 2nd. Onslaught on Emergency Planning. f.10 1986, October 10, ACRS(Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards) Hearings. f.11 1986, "Licensing Reform." ff.12-14 1986-87, Price-Anderson Act. BOX 24 f.1 1987, Congressional Legislation. f.2 1987-88, Humphrey, Gordon, re Emergency Planning, 1/87 to 12/88. f.3 1988, NRC "Reform" Bill.
b. Courtsf.4 1981, DC Circuit Court of Appeal, 81-2146. f.5 1983, Supreme Court Ruling on California Moratorium. f.6 1986, August, Suit v. NRC re Training for Nuclear Plant Workers, sect. 306 of NWPA. f.7 1986, Decommissioning Suit Hearings, Cushing v. Sununu et al. f.8 1987, February, Motion for Partial Summary Judgement in Hampton v. State et al. f.9 Nuclear Litigation, Legal Precedents, Notes.
c. FEMAf.10 1980, January to October, SAPL-FEMA. f.11 1980, Seabrook Station Evacuation Analysis Prepared for FEMA. f.12 1985-86, Pressure on FEMA, 3/85 to 6/86. f.13 1986, February to June, FEMA Graded Exercises for Emergency Evacuation. f.14 1988, January to October, Memorandum re Review of Seabrook Plan for Massachusetts Communities. f.15 1988, October, Review and Evaluation of Seabrook Plan for MA. Communities. f.16 1988, November 22, Response of FEMA to Town of Amesbury's First Set of Interrogatories and Request for Production of Documents to FEMA on Seabrook Plan for Massachusetts Communities. f.17 1988, December 9, Reply by FEMA to the Mass A.G.'s Motion to Compel Response by FEMA to Interrogatories and Requests for Production of Documents. f.18 1988, December 14, Letter to Victor Stello, NRC, from FEMA. f.19 1988, December, FEMA Region 1, Report of the Public Meeting for the Seabrook Nuclear Power Station Held on July 2, 1988. BOX 25 f.1 1988, December, Raviaw of the State of New Hampshire RERP for Seabrook Station, FEMA. f.2 1988, December, Findings and Determinations Seabrook Nuclear Power Station. f.3 1988, December, Review and Evaluation of the Seahrook Plan for MA. Communities. f.4 1988, December, Review and Evaluation of the State of Maine Ingestion Pathway Plan for Seabrook Station. f.5 1988, December, Status of Corrective Actions for the 1988 FEMA Graded Exercises for Seabrook Station. f.6 1989, January 5, Letter to Brown, PSNH, re FEMA Consolidated Report on Seabrook Off-Site Planning and Preparedness. f.7 1989, January 6, Certificate of Service. f.8 1989, January 9, FEMA's Qpposition to Mass A.G.'s Motion to Compel and Supplemental Responses, etc. f.9 1989, April 7, Forwarding of FEMA Findings on the Maine Ingestion Pathway Plan. f.10 1979, April 21, FEMA Reply to MA. A.G.'s Motion to Compel Production of Documents from FEMA. f.11 Info Sheet re FEMA Drill.
d. NRCf.12 1975-80, NRC Evacuation Guides (Emergency Response Planning). ff.13-15 1981-83, NRC Safety Goals, 7/81 to 7/8. f.16 1981, November 23, NRC CRAC/COMO. BOX 26 f.1 1981, November 23, NRC CRAC/COMO. f.2 1981, May to August, NRC Proposed Rule Changeswith SAPL Annotations. f.3 1981, December 15, Proposed NRC Rule Changes on Emergency Planning. ff.4-5 1982, January to November, Risk Analysis. f.6 1982-84, Probabilistic Risk Assessment, 1/82 to 2/84. f.7 1982, Need for Power, NRC. f.8 1983, January to November, ACRS Hearing, April 1 and 2, 1983. f.9 1983, August, NRC Hearings. BOX 27 f.1 1984, July to September, Asseltine's Tour of Seabrook. f.2 1984, September to December, NRC Severe Accident Policy. f.3 1984, Environmental Qualifications of Electrical Equipment. f.4 1984-8S, Source Terms. f.5 1986-87, FOIA Request for Information Dealing with Dose Calculations, 4/86 to 4/87. f.6 1986, October, NRC Staff Draft Testimony for Congressional Hearing on Seabrook. f.7 1986, October to December, NRC Correspondence re Worker's Allegations. f.8 1986, NRC Litigation, "Next Round."
e. Miscellaneous Government Groupsf.9 1977, April 27, Newington Testimonies before the EPA re Atlantic Terminals Corporation. f.10 1987, Fairness Doctrine.
5. Miscellaneous Subject Files re Emergency Planningf.11 1981, Academic Articles re Evacuation and Emergency Planning. f.12 1983, April, "An Argument Versus Current Nuclear Power Generation Based on the Experiences of an Engineer," Markowitz, George T. f.13 1982, August 19, Catawba-ASLAB-687. f.14 1986, Comments on NHRERP by Ronald Kaufmann. f.15 Directory of Environmental Groups in New England. f.16 1986, October, Drug and Alcohol Abuse at Seabrook. BOX 28 f.1 1975, December, "The Economics of Nuclear Power: A New England Perspective." ff.2-4 1986-87, EPZ Reduction Effort by New Hampshire Yankee, 7/86 to 3/87. f.5 1983-83, Emergency Workers, 6/82 to 3/83. ff.6-8 1980-81, Evacuation Information. ff.9-11 Evacuation Time Study, E.T.E. f.12 1982, October, "Further Analysis and Interpretation of the Shoreham Evacuation Plan." ff.13-14 1975-80, General Evac. Plans (Not NRC Guides). BOX 29 f.1 1975-80, General Evacuation Plans. f.2 Governor's Task Force on DOE's Crystalline Repository Project. ff.3-5 1983-84, State Issues Committee, Greater Portsmouth Area Chamber of Commerce. f.6 1984, Chamber Candidate's Breakfast. f.7 1984-85, Electric Rate Issue Subcommitte of the Greater Chamber of Commerce. f.8 1986, Herb's Plan Critique Materials. f.9 1981, HMM Reports. f.10 1982, Independent Estimate of ETE for a Peak Population Scenario in the EPZ of Seabrook Nuclear Power Station, pp.i to iii-29. f.11 1982, Independent Estimate of ETE, pp.iv to figure 14. f.12 1982, Independent Estimate of ETE, pp.figure 15 to table 44. f.13 1982, Independent Estimate of ETE, pp.table 45 to table 54. f.14 1982, Independent Estimate of ETE, pp.table 55 to end. f.15 1986, Miscellaneous Emergency Planning. f.16 1985, Miscellaneous Emergency Prep, Evacuation Time Estimates. BOX 30 f.1 1986-87, Miscellaneous Emergency Prep, Miscellaneous Material, 7/86 to 3/87. f.2 1986-87, Miscellaneous Emergency Prep, Sheltering Issues, 3/86 to 2/87. f.3 1986-87, Miscellaneous Emergency Prep, Traffic Issues, 7/86 to 8/87. f.4 1986-87, Miscellaneous Emergency Prep, Training, 3/86 to 3/87. f.5 1982-87, Miscellaneous Emergency Prep, Health and Medical Preparation, 4/82 to 3/87. f.6 1982 to 83, Misecellaneous, Related to Seabrook Operating License, 4/84 to 5/83. f.7 1986, January to March, Non-SAPL, News Releases and Letters to the Editor. f.8 1988, October 20, Notes from Deposition of George Gram. f.9 1988, November 1, Notes from Deposition of Joseph Ellis. f.10 1988, November 7, Notes from Deposition of Gilbert Cahill. f.11 1988, November 10 and 11, Notes from Deposition of Richard W. Donovan. f.12 Nuclear Power and Psychology Related Matters. f.13 1983, NRC Commissioners. f.14 Nuclear Waste in New Hampshire. f.15 Potassium Iodide. f.16 1981-83, Power Lines. f.17 PSCo Meeting Draft Copy on Evac Time Estimates. BOX 31 f.1 "PSCo Evac Propaganda." f.2 Radiological Monitoring in New Hampshire. f.3 Seabrook Unit II Delay. f.4 Seabrook Unit 2's Cancellation, Clippings. ff.5-7 1986, January, "The Source Term Debate," a Report by the Union of Concerned Scientists, (attachment 3 to the Affidavit of Gordon Thompson). f.8 1986, March, Special Transportation Needs. f.9 "Sununu's Whitewash Blue Ribbon Committee," To Review Post-Chernobyl Nuclear Safety Concerns. f.10 1985, September to November, Three Mile Island Health Studies.
C. Financial IssuesBOX 32 f.1 1980-84, Seabrook Economics and Financing. f.2 1981-84, Stockholder Actions, 1/81 to 8/84. f.3 1981-85, Sununu's and PUC Cost Statements and Proposals. f.4 1981, July, PUC Peak Demand Investigation. f.5 1981, November to December, PUC Testimony Rate Case, DE 81-304, (SAPL Testified 12/81). f.6 l981-1982, DE 81-312, Supply and Demand of NH for Electricity regarding Seabrook II. Fall 1982 to 1983, (11/81 to 12/82). f.7 1982, February 2, United Nuclear Opponents Press Conference on Seabrook Finances. f.8 1982, March 10, Attempt to Intervene Before PUC on PSNH's Request to Sell 3 Million Shares of Common Stock, DF82 63 SAPL Appealed Exclusion from Hearing to NH Supreme Court. f.9 1982, June, PUC DF 82-141 Bona Fide Response from Other Utilities in Attempted Selldown. f.10 1982, July 7, Press Conference with Richard Rosen. f.11 1982-84, PSNH's Bond Rating. f.12 1983, January to December, Cost cap Intervention. f.13 1983, March to April, PUC Commissioners and Appointments. f.14 1983-84, Construction Completion Dates, 3/83 to 3/84. f.15 1983, 5/83 to 10/83, Joint Owners. f.16 1983, July to October, Spirou on Seabrook. f.17 1983, September, CAP Legislation. f.18 1983, September to October, Bob's Press Conference on Sununu Charges. f.19 1983, October 17, PSNH Rate Hike Request ($33 million, 9.45%). f.20 1983-84, Rate Shocks, 10/83 to 10/84. BOX 33 f.1 1983-84, Seabrook Capital Costs, 12/83 to 3/84. f.2 1984, January to March, Town Warrant Article on Special Sessions. f.3 1984, January to June, Donaldson, Lufkin and Jenrette. f.4 1984, March, Jobs at Seabrook. f.5 1984, March Phantom Taxes. f.6 1984, March to May, Palast's Study, "The Impact of Rising Electric Rates on the Economy of New Hampshire." f.7 1984, March to June, PSNH's Taxes. *Files Dealing With Df 84-200, March 1984 to January 1986. f.8 1984-86, Timeline Df 84-200, 3/84 to 1/86. f.9 1984-86, Appeal to New Hampshire Supreme Court, PUC Order in DF 84-200, June to Nov, 1985. f.10 1984-86, Briefs Before the PUC re 84-200, Campaign for Ratepayer's Rights' Initial Brief, March 15, 1985. f.11 1984-B6, Briefs Before the PUC re Df 84-200, Brief on Behalf of SAPL. f.12 1984-86, Briefs Before the PUC re DF 84-200, Reply Brief on Behalf of SAPL. f.13 1984-86, Briefs Before the PUC re DF 84-200, Brief on Behalf of SAPL. f.14 1984-86, Briefing Miscellany for DF 84-200. f.15 1984-86, Commission Orders, Df 84-200, April to September 1985. f.16 1984-85, Cross Examination of Bruce Ellsworth. ff.17-18 1984-86, Exhibits, DF 84-2Q0. BOX 34 f.1 1984-86, Exhibits re Prices. f.2 1984-86, Hearings on PSNH's Request for Lifting of Spending Restrictions of $5m wk., July 1985. f.3 1984-86, Newsclips Bearing on DF 84-200 Case, 12/84 to 10/85. f.4 1984-86, Notes Etc., DF 84-200,March 1984 to January 1985. f.5 1984-86, Notes Etc., DF 84-200, November 1984 to February 1985. f.6 1984-86, Price Projections, Nominal and RWH from Aeschliman's Dissent. f.7 1984-86, Public Utilities Commission Final Order, DF 84 200, April 18, 1985. f.8 1984-86, Rosen's Testimony, DF 84-200. ff.9-10 1984-86, SAPL's Motions re DF 84-200, July to September 1985. f.11 1984-86, Separate Opinion of Commissioner Aeschliman re 84-200. *End Files on Df 84-200. f.12 PUC Finance Hearing, PSNH Seeks Authorization to Issue May 24, 1984, DR 84-121. BOX 35 f.1 PUC Finance Hearing. f.2 1984, May to October, Newbrook, ("Newbroke"). f.3 1984, June to July, Appeal of Roger Easton. f.4 1984, June to August, Derivative and Class Action Suits. f.5 1984, June to August, Derivative and Class Action Suits. ff.6-8 1984, June 24-25, Auth. to Borrow $425 Million, 84-168 Restructure of Agreements with Creditors. f.9 1984, September, Touche-Ross. f.10 1984, September, John N. Nassikas. f.11 1984, September, PSNH's Petition for Original Jurisdiction. f.12 1984-85, Chapter 11 Option, 9/84 to 4/85. f.13 1984, October, MAC Report. f.14 1984, November, SAPL II, Appeal of SAPL Before State Supreme Court, 84-502. f.15 1984, December 13, Maine PUC Order and NU Maine Co., etc. BOX 36 f.1 1984, February to November, PUC Hearing 83-398, Transfer of Question of RSA 378-50-A Interpretation to Supreme Court. ff.2-3 1984-85, DF 83-360, Coop Case, 12/84 to 6/85. f.4 1984, Cavanagh's Papers. f.5 1984, Regional Meetings. f.6 1985, March 15, Briefs Before the PUC for DF 84-200, Trial Brief of PSNH. f.7 1985, March to September, Anti-Trust Investigation. f.8 1985, April, MA. DPU Decision in DPU 84-152 (Seabrook Generic Finance Case). ff.9-10 1985, June, "Seabrook: An Evaluation," Report by MMWEC. f.11 1985, September, Appeal of the Conservation Law Foundation, Inc. to State of NH Supreme Court. BOX 37 f.1 1985, September to November, Notes on Arguments to Supreme Court, FEMA Preliminary Review of NH Plans, Amesbury Meeting. f.2 1985, November 8, Opinion of PUC After Remand. ff.3-4 1985-87, PSNH Form 10k. f.5 1986, January 31, Supreme Court Ruling, Appeal of Conservation Law Foundation. f.6 1986, March 3, Appeal of McCool and Eastman re 85-139. f.7 1986, PSNH'a Avoided Cost Filing re SPP. f.8 Alternatives to Seabrook. Liscond Paper. ff.9-10 CWIP, Construction Work in Progress. f.11 1985, April, Gambit Report, "Is the NRC Licensing Unsafe Nuclear Power Plants?" f.12 Lazar's Paper. f.13 Miscellaneous. f.14 Seabrook Investor, Central Maine Power. f.15 Seabrook Investor, Central Vermont Public Service. BOX 38 f.1 Seabrook Investor, Connecticut Utilities. f.2 Seabrook Electric, Fitchburg Gas and Electric Co. f.3 Seabrook Investors, Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company. f.4 Seabrook Investor, New England Power Company. f.5 Seabrook Investor, New Hampshire Electric Coop. f.6 Seabrook Investor, Vermont Electric Coop. f.7 Seabrook Investor, Vermont Public Service Board.
V. Miscellaneous Seabrook Documents from Sources other that SAPLBOX 1 f.1 1974, June, Evacuation Risks - An Evaluation. f.2 1980, August, Seabrook Station Evacuation Analysis, Final Report. f.3 1980, August, Seabrook Station Evacuation Analysis, Technical Memorandum #1. f.4 1981, November, Contract Between the New Hampshire Civil Defense Agency and Costello, Lomasney and deNapoli, Inc., Consulting Engineers To Develop a Radiological Emergency Response Plan for the Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant. f.5 1984, January, Seabrook Station Public Alert and Notification System, Final Design Report. f.6 1986, June, Final Exercise Assessment, Joint NH State and Local Radiological Emergency Response Exercise for the Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant. ff.7-10 1987, July, Risk Management Actions to Assure Containment Effectiveness at Seabrook Station,. f.11 1988, March 3, Comments of Mass. A.G. Shannon in Opposition to Nureg-0654/FEMA Rep. 1, Rev. 1, Supp.1, "Criteria for Utility Offsite Planning and Preparedness."