How to Use Special Collections
- To find items in a Manuscript or Collection, Search inventories or browse Collections by Subject.
- Note item details, including Collection, Box, and Folder number.
- Contact us about the items or visit Special Collections to see them and do further research.
Special Collections News
Letters Between Poets site launched
The result of a recent collaboration between Colby College Special Collections in Waterville, Maine & Milne Special Collections at the University of New Hampshire, Letters Between Poets focuses on an exchange of letters over a period of eight years between emerging poet Wesley McNair, whose papers are held at Colby, and nationally recognized poet Donald Hall, whose papers are at UNH. The correspondence, conducted prior to the publication of McNair’s first book of poetry, "Faces of Americans, 1853," reveals what it’s like to develop as a poet under the guidance of a mentor, as well as how poets think about their craft, how they make poems and revise them, and how they bring their creative work to readers.
- New museum exhibit features faculty drawings
- Celebrate Mardi Gras early with the new University Museum exhibition
- Relaxing in a Madhouse, paintings by John Angelopoulos, poems by Charles Simic in Special Collections
- The UNH Traditional Jazz Series presents Paul Broadnax Quintet with vocalist Shawnn Monteiro, October 7