Get basic-level assistance with geospatial technology and help in finding data sources for analysis using geographic information system software.
Room 337, Dimond Library Level 3 (Main Floor), near the Academic Technology Service Center, but not a part of ATSC
- Open 14 hours a week during the fall 2013 semester through Dec. 6. Closed Veterans Day (Nov. 11) & Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 28).
- Monday: 9 - 11 am and 2 - 4 pm
- Tuesday: 10 am - 12 noon and 1 - 3 pm
- Wednesday: 9 - 11 am and 1 - 3 pm
- Thursday: 1 - 3 pm
- Staffed by upper-level GIS students
Walk-ins welcome if no appointments are scheduled
Using the GSC
- UNH students, faculty and staff are our primary user group.
- Group consultations are allowed and encouraged as long as it's not disruptive to others.
- We provide limited assistance to those with personal laptops.
- GSC workstations are not available for use outside of GSC hours of operation. For individual work, use cluster computers to access Esri software or Google Earth.
Examples of limited assistance include:
- Helping you locate geospatial datasets
- Integrating data into an existing GIS project
- Helping you manage files
- Advising on questions related to basic GIS and other geospatial software functionality
- Referring you to someone else for more in-depth help
Services do not include making maps.
Assistance Available for the Following Software
- Esri ArcGIS software and extensions (only UNH users)
- Open source GIS software
- Google Earth
- ERDAS Image (only UNH users) and Multispec digital imaging software
- DNR GPS (Garmin)
- Ability to download GIS datasets from GRANIT and elsewhere
More information about the library’s maps and geospatial data and services.
For questions, contact the Map Librarian.