Get basic-level assistance with geospatial technology and help in finding data sources for analysis using geographic information system software.
Room 337, Dimond Library Level 3 (Main Floor), near the Academic Technology Service Center, but not a part of ATSC
- Closed for the summer after May 3, 2013
- Open 9 hours a week during the spring 2013 semester (closed the week of March 11th):
- Tuesday: 9 - 11 am and 3:30 - 4:30 pm
- Thursday: 9 -11 am and 1 - 2 pm
- Friday: 9 am - 12 noon
- Staffed by upper-level GIS students
- Sign-up sheet on the door; walk-ins welcome if no appointments are scheduled
Using the GSC
- UNH students, faculty and staff are our primary user group.
- Group work is allowed and encouraged as long as not disruptive to others.
- We provide limited assistance to those with personal laptops.
- ESRI ArcInfo GIS software and plug-ins (available to UNH users)
- Open source GIS software
- Google Earth
- ERDAS Image (available to UNH users) and Multispec digital imaging software
- DNR GPS (Garmin)
- Ability to download GIS datasets from GRANIT and elsewhere
Examples of limited assistance include:
- Helping you locate geospatial datasets
- Integrating data into an existing GIS project
- Helping you manage files
- Advising on questions related to basic GIS and other geospatial software functionality
- Referring you to someone else for more in-depth help
Services do not include making maps.
More information about the library’s maps and geospatial data and services.
For questions, contact the Map Librarian.