It is not necessary to use the UNH Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access library resources from off-campus. However, if you do use the VPN, it requires configuration to access library resources.
First install it on your computer:
- Go to https://connect.vpn.unh.edu
- Read the Pulse’s installation instructions.
- Note there are instructions for the download/installation and also a link to Optional Configurations. (You will need one of the optional configurations later in this process.)
- Follow the instructions to download the correct version for your computer and install it.
- If you have installation issues, contact the UNH IT Support Desk.
When Pulse is successfully installed, add the optional configuration:
- Open Junos Pulse. (On Windows, click on the icon in the system tray, then click on Open Pulse)
- Click on the + sign in the Connections section of the window.
- Enter a name for the configuration (e.g. all_traffic) in the Name box.
- Copy and paste this URL into the Server URL box:
- Click on the Add button.
- Now back in the VPN window, click on the Connect button for the "all_traffic" connection.
Whenever you are going to use library resources while connected to the VPN, start Pulse and use the "all_traffic" connection (or the name you used in Step 3, above.)