Guide to the Board of Trustees Record Book, 1891-1956
Collection number: UA 1/3/2
About Board of Trustees
New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts was founded in 1866 in Hanover, NH. The school moved to Durham, NH in 1893 and became the University of New Hampshire in 1923. The Board of Trustees resolved in 1891 that written reports to the Board and other documents deemed of value should be recorded in a separate book. This was done from 1891 to approximately 1911.
About the Board of Trustees Record Book
The record book in this series is labeled "Old Records and Up-to-Date List of University of New Hampshire Trustees, Administrative Officers, Faculty, Experiment Station Staff, Honorary and Advanced Degrees, etc. Should be kept up by President's Secretary". It contains transcripts of written reports and other documents sent to the Board of Trustees of New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts. These transcripts were entered from 1891 until around 1911. Some of the lists were kept up-to-date through 1956.
This collection is open.
Copyright is retained by the University of New Hampshire.
[Identification of item], Board of Trustees Record Book, 1891-1956, UA 1/3/2, Milne Special
Collections and Archives, University of New Hampshire Library, Durham, NH, USA.
These records were transferred to the University Library for storage prior to the establishment of the University Archives in 1992.