Guide to the Faculty Minutes, 1893-1936
Collection number: UA 1/4/2
Size: 1 box
About the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts
The University of New Hampshire, incorporated in 1866 by the state legislature as the
New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts, was one of the early
land-grant institutions of public higher education established under the Morrill
Act. First situated in Hanover in connection with Dartmouth College, the New
Hampshire College relocated to its Durham campus in 1893 after Benjamin Thompson, a
prosperous farmer, bequeathed land and money to further the development of the
College. The College thrived in Durham, and in 1923 the state legislature granted it
a new charter as the University of New Hampshire.
About the Faculty Minutes
This series contains the minutes of the faculty of New Hampshire College of
Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts. They are complete through academic year 1919. It also includes the faculty roll book for 1923-36.
This collection is open.
Copyright is retained by the University of New Hampshire.
[Identification of item], Faculty Minutes, 1893-1919, UA 1/4/2, Milne Special
Collections and Archives, University of New Hampshire Library, Durham, NH,
These records were transferred to the University Library for storage prior to the
establishment of the University Archives in 1992.
Faculty Minutes, 1919-1950, in Archives stacks: LD 3779 .N392 v.1-4
|Ledger 1||1893-1906||Faculty Minutes|
|Ledger 2||1917-1919||Faculty Minutes|
|Ledger 3||1923-1936||Faculty Roll|