Guide to the Chemistry Department Photograph Album, 1929-1961
Collection number: UA 8/4/2
About the Chemistry Department
he Department of Chemistry originated in 1868, when the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts opened its doors in Hanover, NH. Ezekiel Dimond was the college's first faculty member, as well as the department's only full time professor in the early years. In 1893, Fred Morse was the head of the department when the college moved its campus to Durham. In 1909, the Chemistry Department was turned over to Charles Parsons, and from that point on, the department has been headed by such well known professors as Charles James and Harold Iddles.
About the Chemistry Department Photograph Album
The album contains photographs of the alumni, staff, faculty, and students of the Department of Chemistry from 1929-1961. It was complied by department alumni and given to Professor Harold A. Iddles on "Professor Harold Iddles Day," held at the University of New Hampshire on May 19, 1961.
This collection is open.
Copyright is retained by the University of New Hampshire.
[identification of item], Chemistry Department Photograph Album, 1929-1961, UA 8/4/2, Milne Special
Collections and Archives, University of New Hampshire Library, Durham, NH, USA.
It is unknown when these records were transfered to the University Archives.