The Digital Library Committee evaluates and prioritizes digitization projects for inclusion in the collection of the Digital Library. Typically, digitization involves scanning or digitally photographing source materials, preparing metadata (descriptive infromation about the materials digitized and about the digitization process), creating web access, and ensuring preservation of the digital images.
Use this form to propose materials for consideration by the Digital Library Committee.
Criteria for inclusion in the Digital Library collection include:
- Source material is free of copyright restrictions, or copyright permission can be readily obtained.
- The content is relevant to UNH, or significant to residents of the State of New Hampshire.
- The material has not already been digitized in equivalent form.
- The project is affordable, or can reasonably be expected to attract outside funding.
- The material can be digitized and supported given existing library equipment and staff, or is a good candidate for outsourcing.
The following information will help the committee evaluate your proposal: